• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda Front Chin Spoiler

jjklongisland

Reaction score
Ok, so my 72 definitely needs a chin spoiler and I have been researching them for a while. I found a photo of the one I like the best but cannot find out who makes it. Some searching somebody in a forum post that came up on a google search said it possibly could be from a Mustang Mach 1. What are you guys thoughts. Do you think it is possibly from a Mach 1 and do you think it will mate up to the front of my car without modifying greatly. Next question is they are available in both fiberglass and ABS plastic. Which one should I go with. Fiberglass seams like it would be easier to modify by sanding the top getting the contour right. ABS plastic may be able to be heated to get the angle correct. Curious as to your guys thoughts.

Cuda Black.jpg
spoiler mustang.jpg

gzig5

Reaction score
Home

`Cuda Front Spoiler

This is probably the one you want. The guy that makes these is active on the Moparts board.
I'm not aware of another current supplier and this one has had good reviews.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
I made one out of 3/4" PVC board. Came out ok. I will try and do another over winter a little bigger.

I like the dimensions of yours. Came out nice.

Still wondering if I should take a chance with the Mustang for $110 and modify it. The question is should I go with Fiberglass or ABS plastic.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I like the dimensions of yours. Came out nice.

Still wondering if I should take a chance with the Mustang for $110 and modify it. The question is should I go with Fiberglass or ABS plastic.

I like ABS over fiberglass, it's lighter and retains it's shape well. I know fiberglass can be cut and sanded and shaped to fit. I don't know how much you can change the shape of ABS to make it work on your car.
I'm assuming the Mustang nose is a little narrower than the challenger ?

brotow

Reaction score
The spoiler that I have on my challenger has vents for brake cooling.

front spoiler.jpg

BSG

Reaction score
I would go abs over fiberglass abs is flexable and doesnt break or crack like trhe glass..

Pacoloco

Reaction score
So what did you end up doing? Looking at starting this project. Like the look in the first picture...

jjklongisland

Reaction score
So what did you end up doing? Looking at starting this project. Like the look in the first picture...
So I did buy the 69 mach one Mustang Front chin spoiler but it needed to be widened. I wound up selling it to my buddy with a mustang. I unfortunately have not yet found the perfect in spoiler and have decided next year when I do the bodywork I will have something custom-made. I also love the one in that first picture I have found out that it’s not a real car and it’s computer-generated. I recently had to cut a hole in my hood and add a temporary cowl Since I could not get the hood to close with my setup. I still can’t find the perfect hood. If I keep the car with this towel set up I definitely need a flat back chin spoiler

5C8EAB71-C752-4B16-9ADB-7C59FB59636C.jpeg

464DF056-5459-4154-9E46-7AD11EB313EB.jpeg

80F1F920-BF20-4B23-B59F-FE1EC72D370B.jpeg

96888E65-92C7-4C5A-8200-B9B860B9AA31.jpeg

68021089-DE62-4874-86C5-3734EE84AFF5.jpeg

gzig5

Reaction score
The fiberglass AAR hood should clear all that. I have one on my car and there is no probablem clearing the air cleaner on the 340/Air Gap/AVS 2 combo.

jjklongisland

Reaction score
The fiberglass AAR hood should clear all that. I have one on my car and there is no probablem clearing the air cleaner on the 340/Air Gap/AVS 2 combo.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!
With the sniper fuel injection, air gap, 1” spacer and big air cleaner something had to be done on order for me to enjoy it before I figured out what hood i wanted.

9A711791-0D48-4040-B870-89CA08C3D8F0.jpeg

gzig5

Reaction score
Others may able to confirm, but a stock twin scoop rally hood may have a bit extra clearance over a flat hood? I have one of those too (car came with both), but it is bolted to the wall at the moment and I can't see the underside. I've always liked the AAR style of inlet. I think I've seen one or two that have had material spliced in to add additional clearance as well.

I'll be adding some sort of front spoiler when I get to that point. I want try my hand at forming one from scratch, but if that doesn't work out, I like the RylisPro iteration.

Pacoloco

Reaction score
WOW.... Beautiful care btw! And thanks for the info... I was going crazy looking that picture as well.
Your taped mockup is perfect though. That's exactly what I'd like to do.
Thank you and please keep posting your progress...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Use a drop base air cleaner with a K&N or similar filter top & you should get it quite a bit lower , I agree withthe AAR hood !

Back