• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE custom 70 challenger 4 sale--additional pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I finally got these photos loaded--heres the car ready for finishing by new owner- ( your custom what ever you want))-Cars in Florida-34982--$75,000. US Ive done all the big stuff and its ready for a new home .this is one of the 1st 70 Challengers built--Sept 2 69 prod date--JS 29 car--440 with 3 -2bbls--3 inch exhaust--too much to list--please see the first add I posted for alot more details--contact me to chat

20230219_151901[1].jpg

20230219_151914[1].jpg

20230219_152042[1].jpg

20230219_152406[1].jpg

20230219_153444[1].jpg

20230219_151956[1].jpg

20230219_152113[1].jpg

20230219_152120[1].jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good looking car. Can you post a picture of the fender tag?

This is a V code car originally? What was it's original color? what was the top? vinyl or paint?
Is there a build sheet with the car?
Any factory documentation?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

This is a V code car originally? What was it's original color? what was the top? vinyl or paint?
In another thread he states it’s a 383 4 speed car originally.

RCodeCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any factory

Hunter—you can’t buy anything unless it’s an M46 with fender tag and broadcast sheet!!! Just kidding...

😂🤣😅

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres the tin tag--this is what the car was originally--but now its not--was a 383-4-speed--purple--cant tell you much more than that--currently a 440-6 pack--727--4:88 rear 8-3/4 --not selling it as matching anything--its a custom 70 Challenger--hope this helps

IMG_0043.JPG

Xenon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres the tin tag--this is what the car was originally--but now its not--was a 383-4-speed--purple--cant tell you much more than that--currently a 440-6 pack--727--4:88 rear 8-3/4 --not selling it as matching anything--its a custom 70 Challenger--hope this helps

View attachment 104168

This was NOT originally a 4speed car...
D21 would be 4 speed manual....
D32 indicates was originally an automatic trans car.....

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually I never cared about any of this stuff--Im selling a non original car with a 440 6-pack creation...awsome car--cleaner than clean--NO rust issues---I DONT care about #s---as I said--its a custom car--all you #s guys dont have to give your two cents worth of nonsense--It doesnt matter. You either like it or you dont--If you buy it then you can make it anything you want--I just worked with what I had and this is what it is NOW. So unless you have something positive to say--keep it to yourself.

pschlosser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is beauty and purity and even some integrity restoring a car to its original factory (sometimes museum) quality. Sadly, Chevy and Ford owners don't really have a broadcast sheet or body code plate to document how the car was originally. For them, whatever they do to their cars comes down to dollars and desire. Chrome valve and coil covers, whatever they feel like.

While this yellow Challenger is indeed a beauty, what makes some cars really great, is being pretty AND factory original. For some of us, maybe even many of us, the originality of a vehicle becomes the thing to brag about.

It takes a great deal more effort (and often self-discipline not to deviate) to restore a car to factory state than it does to build it how we wish.

But for many of us, maybe even most of us, we don't have the option of restoring an AAR, Hemicuda, or 440 Sixpak. So we are then faced with building a tribute car, or nothing at all. It kinda sucks, in a way.

Regardless if a vehicle is factory original or not, there is still great joy in the doing, in the restoring and building. The purists, however, may not agree a non-original build is worth spending the dollars and effort on, or even anything to brag about.

The perceived value of a tribute car seems typically far, far less than a factory original.

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great looking car! Nothing wrong with any of it.

I had some curiosity as to the early build and what the car might have been.

Someone's gonna get a sweet car out of that!

All of my cars are not original's. I drive the crap out of them.
It was just pointed out about the D21 and D32.
I don't think anyone is down grading the car.
Potential buyers just hashing out what the car was.

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now just to clearify myself--I dont mind purists that think bone stock cars are the best.But to me they are a compromise so anyone can handle them.Grandma--aunt sue --Billy Bob--The potential in the factory cars is worth bringing out --so I do.I rebuild these cars (most of which are already molested by others) to be all they can be and still very streetable. I always do a complete modification --chassis-engine-tranmission- rear end-electrical and try to keep the car looking as original as possible. I drive my cars daily--show them alot--take many 1st place and best in class awards.Out in the street Its constant thumbs up--compliments and long conversations. Again--nothing wrong with stock--but my cars are very streetable--extreamly quick and very fast. I build them to last--be reliable--and able to be driven any distance without issues.The overdrive stick cars will easily do 130 in 3rd gear--pull them into 4th and its only at about 3000 rpm and all of 4th and 36% overdrive in 5th--well truth is I have no idea of how fast these cars are capable of because I back out and cruise @ 80 or so. Any ways--Im glad for the folks who like factory original but to me they are just not enough.Now if I came across a factory Hemi car or Max Wedge car--I would put it back as original as possible--but I dont find these cars out there.The rest are fair game to be built better than what the factory offered. Please understand--I love all Mopars and your free to do them your way--this is America --BE FREE--BE FAST--LOOK STUNNING

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another example --my 1966 Coronet 500 convertible--426 Hemi--36% overdrive 5-speed stick car--these are my daily drivers--not E bodys--but my favorite--the B-body cars--

DSC00140 (1).JPG

old pictures 1079.JPG

DSC00534.JPG

ragtopdodge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....you want $75k for a 383-automatic car that needs paint and body work, full interior work, which would be another $50k easy.

Good luck!

pschlosser

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a challenge to recoup costs spent on a street rod, even if it looks something like a valuable factory original collector car. Build it for yourself is fine, especially if you never intend to sell it. But trying to find a buyer for such a car for $70K+ is truly a challenge(r).

hemidon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ragtop Dodge--you arent a very good reader or just didnt read the post on this 70 Challenger. The paint work is totally done--Stripped to bare metal--metal treated--Epoxy primer--single stage urethane in factory white--lots of new stuff--Read the post dude--unless you want a fresh new interior the current stuff gets raves from everone--no its not new but good driver quality.This car is ment for someone to drive and not be worried about some one crashing into a #s car--your one of these guys that thinks he knows it all--resto mods are bringing big dollars at auctions and private sales--go build one yourself and see what it costs--I think you may be out of touch with current markets --also a poor reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back