• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Defogger mounting question

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Cleaned up the rear window defogger. When I purchased the car, this was sketchily bolted to the cross brace below the package tray. Sounds like there is an assembly that allows it to bolt under the 6x9 speaker. Anyone know if they are available or is there another reasonable option for mounting this?

Defogger.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
This is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• sh579_thumb.png
    sh579_thumb.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 104

Adam

Reaction score
Here is my original set up. It has an aftermarket speaker; also the fan will fit over either hole but only in this position does the speaker have a straight shot to the package tray..

Also to be complete you need the switch and center vent assembly (top & bottom).

I believe I read somewhere that some cars had the rear defogger without rear speakers, or only one rear speaker on the driver’s side; so your car could be correct without the speaker assembly.

A1DE14E3-EC66-469B-85AE-93CD61A9952E.jpeg

B269F42C-F1B1-44F4-A25A-A6BB1E9917D4.jpeg

C7AA8837-AC10-4608-B2AF-4B44FD1071BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Here is my original set up. It has an aftermarket speaker; also the fan will fit over either hole but only in this position does the speaker have a straight shot to the package tray..

Also to be complete you need the switch and center vent assembly (top & bottom).

I believe I read somewhere that some cars had the rear defogger without rear speakers, or only one rear speaker on the driver’s side; so your car could be correct without the speaker assembly.

View attachment 92667

View attachment 92668

View attachment 92669
Looks like someone cut the hole through the package tray and metal below it for the vent on mine, not from the factory. I have the vent, but not the switch on the dash. There was a toggle switch attached to the bottom of the dash, I suppose that's what that was for. Thanks for the photos. Helped a bunch.

Last edited:
Back