• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Difference between floor pieces of barracuda and challenger.

dschem

Reaction score
Hello,

so I am doing the floors in my 74 barracuda and the AMD driver side rear floor piece fits very nicely but the passenger side has issues. I am wondering if I received a challenger passenger side rear piece by accident. Can anybody describe the difference between the challenger rear floor pieces and the barracuda pieces? They have different numbers from AMD.

Thank you

Dave

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The cuda is 2" shorter wheel base this is in the rear floor pan under the rear seat area , the footwell for the front are the same

70chall440

Reaction score
I bought a rear floor pan (part where you feet would go) for the right side of my 70 Challenger, it was a Cuda version and I had to add 2" to it in order for it to fit just saying.

dschem

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for the reply, was the part you had to add was the actual place where your feet sit? The (flat) part. The back where it overlaps the seat portion of the rear floor is the same for both?

I am just trying to figure it out before I try to bend mine to make it work. I know is not too long in the foot part.

Thanks

Dave

70chall440

Reaction score
Dave - it was where your feet would be if you were sitting in the backseat. When I bought the pan I didn't pay attention but when I went to put it in it was short, I contacted the company I bought it from (Lysons) and they told me that it was for a Cuda and just to add 2"... I was not happy but ended up doing just that. Never bought from the again (and never would).

dschem

Reaction score
Thanks,

That does help. I now know I have the cuds piece, just will have to massage it a bit to make it fit comfortably.

Dave

70chall440

Reaction score
Basically you need to add a 2" strip right through the middle (left to right). You cannot really add it to the front or back due to how the pan sweeps up. Not super hard, just a PIA when you can get the right now from the beginning.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I’d call AMD and get the correct one

Back