• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Direct Connection Ad from July 1979 Hot Rod

340challconvert

Reaction score
Ad from Hot Rod Magazine July 1979
Back when the purple shaft cams were a new idea!
$2 for the latest catalog.
Dino2 (1).gif

Direct Connection.jpg

tonysrt

Reaction score
When Chrysler was dumping all the B engine stuff in the early 80's parts were cheap. You could buy a set of NOS heads for $200. I ordered a set and would up with 1 452 head and a stage IV head. Unfortunately I opened up only 1 box it was the 452 head. A year later I opened second box and found stage IV head. I spoke to the vendor and he denied that it could have happened. So if anybody needs 1 stage IV head I have it. I also bought a NOS 440 block and rods and pistons for $250, although it was 77 Vintage and low compression.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Early 80's I picked up whatever was available and I could afford for my A66 Challenger.
There was actually a Chrysler parts hot line at the time that you could call with a part number and they would give you the name of the dealer who had that part and phone # to call. I got a number of parts that way. It was right at the time when a lot of parts were going NS1.
I was tight with the Parts Guy at a Dodge dealership who gave me NS1 printouts when they came in . I used them as a cross reference to order parts on that hot line.

Last edited:
Back