• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

disc brake kits

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
Looking to switch to discs on front of my 70 Challenger. The Ram Man sells a kit, but the rotors and spindles are for 73 and up. My car is not a numbers car so does that matter? Anyone have any suggestions for me? I have the vacuum booster and master cyl. already from a 70.

Thanks

rogue

Reaction score
the spindles matter... i have a 71 challenger and recently upgraded to a wilwood kit... i originally got the 71 kit but the spindles on my car apparently were changed before i bought it.. turns out i have spindles from a '73 so i had to get the correct parts to match that.

rogue

Reaction score
someone else probably knows better but the master cylinder probably needs an upgrade from the stock drum set up as well.

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
Thanks. I have an original 70 booster and master cylinder that are correct for power disc brakes

moparleo

Reaction score
Go with the 73-up factory disc brakes/spindles. The parts are at any autoparts store and are an up grade from the 70-72 bearings and rotors. You can buy kits form several companies for reasonable prices, all new parts or spend a lot more for high performance stuff like Wilwood, Baer, etc... But using a stock disc-brake up grade with good pads like EBC will be more than enough for hot street driving without spending too much.

Last edited:

shakerjoe

Reaction score
Looking to switch to discs on front of my 70 Challenger. The Ram Man sells a kit, but the rotors and spindles are for 73 and up. My car is not a numbers car so does that matter? Anyone have any suggestions for me? I have the vacuum booster and master cyl. already from a 70.

Thanks
Stay away from ram man at all costs...dr. diff is the only way to go...

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
I only got to drive it maybe 20 miles before winter hit. Seemed to be solid, but I didn't really beat on it as the motor is brand new also. No leaks and everything fit. SO far so good

Back