• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Done after sitting for 30 years!

Reaction score
Harry now we know why your happy!! Looks great.. I will be doing the same thing Have 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible JH27GIB that needs the same motivation as it has set since the 80.s.It is setting at a bodyshop where the guy has stalled out.. All new metal needs the final finish buttoned up, Have new top interior etc to go in.. i am out west and it is back in the Midwest (long story of relos for work).. Anyway thanks for the motivation as you story is one of perseverance!

73-Cudah2

Reaction score
Vary nice! Did you repaint the white on door panels bright white or clean them with something?

Happy Harry

Reaction score
Vary nice! Did you repaint the white on door panels bright white or clean them with something?
Good Morning; Actually, the color is like an eggshell white. As with owning the car for so long, I purchased parts all along the 30 years. I bought the front door pads 10years ago. Then I bought the rear panels 2 years ago. When I started to put the interior together last year, I found the rear panels were bright white. The only option was to either purchase new front door pad or dye the rear panels egg shell white. Being a cheap person I am, I went with the dye that I bought from Herb's Paint. Came out very close to the color of the front door pads. Very satisfied with Herb'
DSCN1584.jpg
DSCN1584.jpg
s Paint.

fk5aar

Reaction score
What brand are the door panels? I think the metros are the best

Happy Harry

Reaction score
What brand are the door panels? I think the metros are the best
Good morning; The front door panels were bought many years ago form Year One I do believe. The rear panels were purchased from Classic Industries and I don't know what brand they were. I do remember I was stunned on how much they cost. The front fit rather well but, the rear ones needed to be tweaked. I would go with Metro. Be sure the color is what you want as I made the mistake of assuming the colors would be a correct match.