• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door Glass Hardware

72barracuda

Reaction score
I am reinstalling door glass in a 72 Barracuda using a hit purchased from Classic Industries. The hardware in my door looks different than the kit and I don't recognize some of the pieces. Some of my original parts are shown on the lower left with what looks like a corresponding new part to the right of it. Looks I can possibly use it. I don't recognize the round parts with 3 holes and the large plastic washer. Maybe the large one replaces the gasket in the triangular guide or maybe some of these parts are just not used. I have downloaded numerous photos but have not yet identified where all of these parts are used. I would like some guidance from someone that has used one of these kits. Thanks.
20200724_073442.jpg

72barracuda

Reaction score
I think I have it. I don't believe I need the parts on the right and I will use the new style of hardware for the track. There was another part for the horizontal track fastener that was different but I think there is enough here to make it work. Throwing away 4 pieces of an expensive kit.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I got the same kit and didn't use those pieces either! Maybe they work on a convertible e body? Never did figure it out!

72barracuda

Reaction score
Mr Moparts had a kit that included the same style fastener for the horizontal track as my original. Never did see the same style for the main track that has a metal nut that looks like shim stock. Maybe this is something from A body or B body that somebody substituted at one point.

Back