• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door intrusion beam, double layer or single layer?

CudaMan1970

Reaction score
Anyone know when a standard thickness intrusion beam was used on a Cuda and when they used a reinforced intrusion beam in a Cuda door? The drivers door on my 70 Cuda is original and has the reinforced intrusion beam. The passenger door was replaced on the car and has a standard intrusion beam. I have the skins off both door shells. Want to know if my passenger door should have the reinforced intrusion beam like the drivers door that is original. Or if the passenger door on all Cuda’s was not reinforced, only the drivers door was reinforced?

AUSTA

Reaction score
I suppose Challenger safety standards would be the same for the Challenger all my 70 Challengers are fitted both sides about .19 thick

CudaMan1970

Reaction score
I suppose Challenger safety standards would be the same for the Challenger all my 70 Challengers are fitted both sides about .19 thick
I am going to upload a photo of the drivers door with the reinforced intrusion beam. Can you tell me if yours look like this one on both sides.

B7B3FCE1-776D-4766-AACC-CF397E05AF33.jpeg

AUSTA

Reaction score
Both are the same as pic 1 maybe pic 2 is a later change.
unskinned door.jpg

Adam

Reaction score
My 71 Challenger has the standard; maybe the change occurred when the feds mandated the ugly crash bumpers?

Back