• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Door Panel Woodgrain Insert

wedg2go

Reaction score
20180312_170139-1612x907.jpg

I am thinking about replacing the woodgrain insert since the current one is a "Little Crispy" around the edges. All thoughts would be welcomed as to removing the current Challenger emblem and the insert itself. My major concern is the residual glue left behind by the old insert. Any thoughts about replacing the insert would be welcomed as well.

Adam

Reaction score
The whole insert is held on to the door panel by small pal type nuts on the back, same for the emblem, I believe.

The wood grain decal matches the gauge panel and center console for that retro look... I like the color of your car, maybe the inserts could be painted to match. Some cars have a colored steering column too... I have seen blue, red, and I think green.

To remove the adhesive residue you can pick up some 3M adhesive remover; this is a bit expensive but you can use it on many other things and it will not damage paint. Or you can just use acetone on the chrome insert; don’t get it on the door panel.

AUSTA

Reaction score
If your into woodwork you can use veneer & make your own i used Sheoak & la

Door Trim.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
I've also purchased a number of items from Detroit Muscle. They sell the 70 only Challenger door wood grain panels if needed. (Mopar used other patterns other years) A vendor just listed the DM panels for 19.00 on ebay.
Dino2 (1).gif

s-l1600.jpg

wedg2go

Reaction score
My "Thanks" to everyone replying and btw, Austa, you have an absolutely incredible talent into woodworking! That is gorgeous!

Back