• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dowel pins

booyaballer

Reaction score
All, I need to change the angle for the correct runout for my transmission conversion on my 70 Challenger but i have an engine block dowel pin that is winning. I got the driver side one out with some challenge but the clearance helped and i got it done. The passenger side is kicking my ass! Anyone have a magical way of removing dowel pins from the back of the engine block?

there's not much room to swing a hammer and push it out like the other. It's a solid dowel but Can I drill it out?

i'm considering removing the header but two bolts seem impossible to access. is there a special tool for the hidden header bolts?

will the dowel come out in either direction?

Thanks for the help!

Adam

Reaction score
Agreed, heat and twisting. If you have a mig welder you might be able to slip a nut over the dowel and weld it up, giving you something to twist & pry under.

rklein71

Reaction score
I have drilled a hole in the dowel and them tapped it. You can use the threaded hole to draw the dowel out with a makeshift puller. A 1/4 bolt, a nut and a socket to draw up the dowel pin into the socket works like a champ.

Last edited:
Back