• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Drain under wiper motor

Drivun

Reaction score
Is there a drain under the depression where the wiper motor sits and if so where does it come out? I had leaves/needles in there but having vacuumed it I don't see a drain hole and since its such a low depression water must go somewhere.
Thx steve

Reaction score
It drains down the firewall. Under the wiper motor at the lowest point there is a rubber strip about 2-3" long with covers the drain so it's not so visible. Water supposedly will push the rubber flap towards the engine allowing it to drain. It is often plugged by leaves and needles

Drivun

Reaction score
I saw dirt coming out under that on the firewall but couldnt see it from the top of the cowl. Guess i will go in from the engine side to clean out. Thanks for the hunting tip !
Steve

k2steve

Reaction score
I saw dirt coming out under that on the firewall but couldnt see it from the top of the cowl. Guess i will go in from the engine side to clean out. Thanks for the hunting tip !
Steve
Anybody know a source for a new drain cover?

Drivun

Reaction score
Just google " e body cowl drain flap". Lots of choices from a vendor near you.

340challconvert

Reaction score
When I was cleaning up the tree leaves and dirt in the cowl, I sprayed some rust proofing in area to treat and prevent rust between the panels. Used the Eastwood high zinc internal frame coating which worked great. Just a thought!
Dino2 (2).gif

IMG_0357 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Back