• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Drum Brake Drop Spindles?

sun.stance

Reaction score
Hey there, everyone. I have a little problem. I want to lower my 72 Challenger, like, a lot. I know what to do in the rear, and the torsion bars only go down so far. A lot of people are pointing me in the direction of Drop Spindles. Well I can't find a damn set of them for Drum Brakes. I do NOT want to convert to Disc Brakes unless absolutely necessary. I want to keep the car period correct / stock-ish, and a gawdy set of front discs is going to ruin the aesthetic I'm aiming for.

Let me know if you offer, know of anyone who offers, or can point me in the direction of anyone who can help me lower my 4-wheel-drum Challenger front end.

Thank you!

Adam

Reaction score
Lowering a lot? Well its your car....

A disc brake upgrade is worthwhile, just use period correct pieces, not aftermarket. Easy to do, and all the info/parts for the swap are available.

If your car still has drums and is otherwise untouched, I would be concerned about the ball joints, bushings, etc...

DrEamer

Reaction score
Lowering a lot? Well its your car....

A disc brake upgrade is worthwhile, just use period correct pieces, not aftermarket. Easy to do, and all the info/parts for the swap are available.

If your car still has drums and is otherwise untouched, I would be concerned about the ball joints, bushings, etc...

The most expensive part would be the drop spindles themselves. Use rotors, calipers, and caliper mounts for a 1973-74 e body. The nice thing is that this set up will allow the use of wheels down to 14 inch. Also, if you are using a stock type wheel, you will never see the disc anyway.

Back