• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E bay dash pad

johnkoe

Reaction score
I am looking for a dash pad for my 1970 Challenger. Has anybody bought one off of E bay that states "not 100% perfect & they weren't from the factory. Don't buy if you expect it to be"?

moparleo

Reaction score
Dash pads have been hit or miss for years. You want a steel/foam core like OE. Quality cost money you can get a dash cap for cheap $100.-150. or go all out on a Just Dashes or a few other major gauge and dash pad restorers for $1,000. plus

rogue

Reaction score
I've had both my challenger and cuda dash pads redone by Just Dashes and it was well worth the money... i'm very happy with their work. FWIW, i tried one of those plastic frame cheap repros and it totally sucked. I got it at the beginning of the summer one year and within a month it was warped and looked like total garbage. Granted it does get a bit warm and humid here (southeast Va.), but it was a total waste of money. Fortunately i did get a refund for it.

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
I used Just Dashes too and was really happy with the quality. I recommend them.

MoparcudaRay

Reaction score
I just intalled a Classic Industries dash cap on my '71 Cuda the one that goes for 99.99 got it at a 30% plus shipping discount so about 80 something. At any rate I do not have an OEM Concours car so for the money it is for me at least a great looking option.
It fit like a tight glove so didn't even use the silicone glue that came with it .
Can it fool Mopar experts like ourselves? NO!
But normal people lol will not even know
Now if you want the best and most accurate for 500 to 2000 then good for you.

BTW the original dash underneath is brown and cracked----I'm working my way to a more black interior

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

ebodycopper

Reaction score
I just intalled a Classic Industries dash cap on my '71 Cuda the one that goes for 99.99 got it at a 30% plus shipping discount so about 80 something. At any rate I do not have an OEM Concours car so for the money it is for me at least a great looking option.
It fit like a tight glove so didn't even use the silicone glue that came with it .
Can it fool Mopar experts like ourselves? NO!
But normal people lol will not even know
Now if you want the best and most accurate for 500 to 2000 then good for you.

BTW the original dash underneath is brown and cracked----I'm working my way to a more black interior
Looks great! Worthy of serious consideration. Can free up some cash for other improvements.

Coupe

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Sorry I meant to say dash pad cover. Took the dash out, stripped off the excess decay, filled the cavities with pure silicone caulk, then glued down the cover with an RTV compound. You can see the cover in the background of this picture.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ejazz

Reaction score
Is anyone using Just Dashes and leery about sending away your dash with the VIN and never seeing it again?

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Oh no, you take the VIN off before sending it away. Yikes.

Sheldon

johnkoe

Reaction score
It sounds like you are waiting for someone to say go for the eBay pad. Like I said, it depends on what is the most important for you. Price or quality.
I am wondering f anyone bought the Ebay dash pad & are happy with the quality & fit.

shagexe

Reaction score
I am looking for a dash pad for my 1970 Challenger. Has anybody bought one off of E bay that states "not 100% perfect & they weren't from the factory. Don't buy if you expect it to be"?
If you would be interested, I have a OE full dash from a 70 Challenger. Original finish. No cracks. No fading. No damage. Looks new. Let me know if you would like more info.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
If you would be interested, I have a OE full dash from a 70 Challenger. Original finish. No cracks. No fading. No damage. Looks new. Let me know if you would like more info.
I would like one like that for a 1970 Barracuda or Cuda,with A/C and three speaker holes.

quapman

Reaction score
I had a brief e-mail conversation with the ebay seller and he tells me that Alan Foxx is the maker of the steel-cored pads. Alan was the man who used to manufacture and sell with the name "Ultimate Rides" and possibly the "Caronlina Dashpads" pads. I've seen the pads up cose at shows and they are nice. Maybe not as nice as one redone by Just Dashes, but still nice.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
I had a brief e-mail conversation with the ebay seller and he tells me that Alan Foxx is the maker of the steel-cored pads. Alan was the man who used to manufacture and sell with the name "Ultimate Rides" and possibly the "Caronlina Dashpads" pads. I've seen the pads up cose at shows and they are nice. Maybe not as nice as one redone by Just Dashes, but still nice.
I hear it is best not to deal with that man.,
Word has it that he will rip you off,and/Or take way too long to produce your Dash Pad,if ever,even after being paid.

Back