• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E - Body 1970 Challenger Fuel Tank Vent Line Bulkhead Stainless

DY31970

Reaction score
Hi, There was tape around the vent line running from the filler neck through the right side of the trunk floor of my 1970 Challenger. The oval stainless piece is missing (photos attached). There is a grommet around the vent tube. I found a listing for the stainless bulkhead with 2 rubber grommets and it reads it is for non ECS fuel tank vent line. There is a photo of a new stainless bulkhead, would this be correct for a 1970 Challenger 318 car? Also the vent tube moves around and the rubber tube is kinked. Should the vent tube be anchored? If so, what does it attach to? Your help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

sdcbowler

Reaction score
I am assuming that after all this time, your question was answered. If not, let me say that your tube moves around because the metal plate is missing and it floats around in the opening. Once you get the metal plate, you can solve the kink in the hose by repositioning the tube. If it is the original tube, you can search online to determine the correct positioning of the tube and the connecting hose. the problem should solve itself.

DY31970

Reaction score
Thanks sdcbowler, I've ordered the plate and grommets. I've since searched online and determined the correct position of the tube.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Pics I have for a 70 non ecs vent; I used as a model for what I have installed in my car!

1663014496161.jpeg

1663014539773.jpeg

Back