• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-Body - 3 Point Seat Belts Front and Rear?

73Challengr

Reaction score
Has anyone installed 3 point seat belts in the front and rear?
Kits for the front look like a direct bolt in. But has anyone put them in the rear?
I've got a 4 year old who will need a booster seat for the next 4 years and those require a 3 point harness.

Looking for links / advice. Appreciate it!

rklein71

Reaction score
I put three points in the front, like a lot of people, but did not consider the rear. You might be on your own and will have to fabricate your own upper mounts.

gzig5

Reaction score
I'd bolt an additional belt to the angled reinforcement beams behind the rear seat, or possibly to the bottom of the package shelf, and then drop it over the top of the back seat. You just want to make sure there isn't a lot of slack to be taken up should the car seat try to move forward so as direct a line as you can get on the belt.

rklein71

Reaction score
I would be hesitant to attach to the package shelf, very thin metal and would probably rip out in a serious crash. Whatever you do, it needs to be a secure point, the angled beams behind the seat would be considerably stronger.

Back