• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body rear swaybar

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
How do you confirm if it is the correct swaybar for the car? I can't find much information on them. I want it for my '70 Barracuda.

P9290822.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
That looks like the correct bar but the frame brackets are toast. You can probably re-use the strap sections but the part that goes around the frame will need to be fabricated. The original brackets are tapered to match the frame and basically fall right into the correct spot when you put them on.

The asking price better reflect the fact that the frame brackets aren't usable. I bought a used bar(just the bar...not frame brackets) for $40 from a member on CC.com. I see complete rear swaybar setups for around $150. If this one is close to that price...I'd look for a different one.

My original bar had a lot of surface rust on the outside but I thought it would clean up. As soon as I removed the bushings, I saw that a good portion of the bar was rusted away right where the bushings sat. Before you buy anything, make sure the bushings are moved off to the side so you can see what the bar looks like underneith them.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
What burdar is saying is good advice. Also, I don't know if it is the pic or not but, the bar looks like it is bent; as in not the way the factory bent it. Maybe it is from a car that was in an accident. Again, it could just be the angle of the pic.

Back