• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ebody production numbers

John Hynds

Reaction score
New member to this forum. I don't know if this has been discussed here or not.
Watching Graveyard Cars, Mark Worman spouts off a bunch of production numbers especially on E-bodies. Some it seems that he is finding production numbers on cars with specific options or color combinations. Is there someplace that has a breakdown of colors and/or options? My car: 70 'Cuda 383 magnum, auto. FE5 red with black top and hockey stripes. It also has what I am finding to be some rare options. H6EW red and white interior, A22 front and rear rubber bumpers, C62 6 way drivers seat. The fender tag is full on this car lol. I go to many all Mopar car shows and have not seen any 70 'Cuda optioned like this.

Adam

Reaction score
From what I have read some options were kept track of. Engine, trans, Cuda, R/T, convertible, etc. Some were not..

Good luck on your search and let’s us know if you find a source...

I have a 71 R/T, 340, 4 spd, factory Plum Crazy car. I believe they were available in 14 colors, but I have never found a source that can tell me what number of 71 R/T, 340, 4 spd, Challengers were made in what colors.

70 was the first year of the E-bodies; your car has flashy red paint, flashy interior, hockey stripe, lots of eye appeal, rubber bumpers and six way seat! I would bet it was at least a dealer ordered demo car. Do you have the build sheet or window sticker?

I had a 70 Cuda, tinted windows, Rim Blow, Rally gauges, B5 blue exterior with bright blue interior, everything including the console was blue. I had the original window sticker, and it had “Dealer Demo” or similar, printed on it... so I think that was kind common for dealers trying to draw in customers. But your car, as optioned, is obviously rare.

Oh, and post some pics...

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I believe it has been determined by percentage how many cars were painted in each color but I don’t know of any breakdown further than that and what Adam said above.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I had this "guestimate" chart of colors for 1970 Challengers. As Adam and Matt stated, no actual numbers of colors were kept. Someone developed this chart with approximate color percentages for 70 Challengers.
The 70 Cuda's may have had similar color percentage??

upload_2018-2-3_9-35-48.png

Dino2 (1).gif

quapman

Reaction score
Mark Worman spouts a lot. That doesn't mean any of it is true.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I don't believe those numbers except maybe pink. Those must be from the Mopar guru GG

Last edited:

John Hynds

Reaction score
My car is in pretty rough shape. it was wrecked in the early 80s. It had a 81 if I remember right liscence plate on it when I bought it. I don't have any current pics of it. I have it in storage in NC. Plans are to get it early this spring and start the restoration. I have an old pic that I can scan later and upload it. Thank you all for the replies. I agree this was an ordered car just wish I could track down some info on it. The plate on it was Allen co Ohio. I may go there sometime and try a title search.

quapman

Reaction score
Where in NC, John? I'm in Asheboro.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard John, can't wait to see the pics. Good luck with the resto

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. I'll dig through my research and see if I can find any information for you. Oh ya, we need to see pics of your car!!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Paharamia, you have part of the package that was sent by Dodge to shareholders. It is about as accurate as anything will ever be.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I can't believe every 4th or 5th r/t off the line was purple certainty wasn't in NY and resale red only 6%. If that's true Chrysler took a big chance painting so many purple. Not a manly color

340challconvert

Reaction score
I was always surprised at how many e bodies came from the factory with plum crazy. They seem even more popular today!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I had this "guestimate" chart of colors for 1970 Challengers. As Adam and Matt stated, no actual numbers of colors were kept. Someone developed this chart with approximate color percentages for 70 Challengers.
The 70 Cuda's may have had similar color percentage??

View attachment 47277

View attachment 47278
Does this chart exist for ‘71?

quapman

Reaction score
Purple "not a manly color"??? LOL! Were you alive in 1970?

Back