• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

EFI options

Jetsurgeon

Reaction score
So I have been looking around, and all I can find for a port injection system for a small block Mopar is the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4? Is that really all we have to choose from for EFI? A TBI system or the Pro Flo?

tonysrt

Reaction score
The good thing about the Edelbrock pro flo 4 is the ECU is not mounted in the throttle body which keeps the heat of the engine off of it. I just put it on a Gen 2 hemi and haven't had the time to drive the car yet. After the install I did run it to set some of the parameters of the engine in the tablet. We also had a lot of rain preventing me from driving it up here and now I'm away on Vacation.

Sal C

Reaction score
I was in the same boat as you, deciding on the right EFI system for my application (street tire roaster). I have a 340 stroker and wanted to go port injection. I'm running a Sniper now and so far it's been performing very well. But for port injection, I bought the Edelbrock Super Victor manifold and their fuel rail kit. You can look on Holley's site and find the Terminator X Universal kit which is the ECU and harness, then add the throttle body, regulator, and injectors. This gives you the Holley port injection solution. If you want to control timing add a dual sync distributor. But the gentleman that built my stroker warned me the single plane manifold would give up some torque vs the dual plane. In the end, I'm opting for throttle body injection with the Terminator X Stealth, the system is about $700 more than the Sniper but the ECU is external and more reliable. So for me, I'm sticking with TBI vs MPI...

Bret Schneider

Reaction score
I'm putting the multiport EFI pieces together for my small block. Going to be using the Holley HP EFI Multiport Kit along with the Edelbrock Super Victor manifold Sal C mentioned. This kit offers a number of features including the ability to convert to distributerless ignition which I'm going to do. Should be interesting...

As you mentioned, not a lot of options for the SB Mopar. If you decide to go this route, best start getting things on order. Still waiting on some of the parts for this project I ordered a couple of months ago.

Jetsurgeon

Reaction score
I'm putting the multiport EFI pieces together for my small block. Going to be using the Holley HP EFI Multiport Kit along with the Edelbrock Super Victor manifold Sal C mentioned. This kit offers a number of features including the ability to convert to distributerless ignition which I'm going to do. Should be interesting...

As you mentioned, not a lot of options for the SB Mopar. If you decide to go this route, best start getting things on order. Still waiting on some of the parts for this project I ordered a couple of months ago.

Thanks, looking at the Terminator X control system with the Holley in tank EFI module to eliminate the need for a return line could be a potential solution. I would still need to use the Edelbrock Super Victor manifold and fuel rails, as there really aren't other options for a small block Mopar as mentioned, and get a set of injectors, but what about the other sensors needed for the Terminator X? The Holley universal throttle body has integrated TPS, IAC, and Air Temperature Sensors, but what about the other sensors? What else would I be missing? From reading the different forums it appears that the Terminator X ECU is more customizable than the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 ECU, but Holley sure doesn't seem to make it easy to use their system on a small block Mopar....? I am building the engine with the help of the Hughes Engines team, and have posited the same question(s), and waiting to hear their recommendation(s).

Sal C

Reaction score
You'll just need a fuel pressure regulator and O2 sensor (but I think it's supplied with the Terminator X). The handheld comes with it. If you go thru efisystempro.com they sell everything, they are an authorized Holley dealer and the support is great. Scott will guide you thru it all...

Jetsurgeon

Reaction score
You'll just need a fuel pressure regulator and O2 sensor (but I think it's supplied with the Terminator X). The handheld comes with it. If you go thru efisystempro.com they sell everything, they are an authorized Holley dealer and the support is great. Scott will guide you thru it all...
Thanks, lots of decisions....the Holley solution putting it all together with the dual sync distributor and the sensors that you have to buy (CTS, MAP, MAT) make it at least $700 more for the Holley MPI solution over the Pro Flo that comes with everything including the distributor...

Sal C

Reaction score
Thanks, lots of decisions....the Holley solution putting it all together with the dual sync distributor and the sensors that you have to buy (CTS, MAP, MAT) make it at least $700 more for the Holley MPI solution over the Pro Flo that comes with everything including the distributor...
Sensors are integrated in the throttle body except for coolant sensor which I think is supplied with the tx

Jetsurgeon

Reaction score
Sensors are integrated in the throttle body except for coolant sensor which I think is supplied with the tx
Thanks, yes the sensors I believe are included, but the Tx is $1125 then $500 for a set of injectors, $470 for the throttle body and we're up to 2K without fuel rails or a manifold....add ~700 for those and you're at $2700 to build the Holley system where the pro flo has everything including the distributor for ~2K....trying to determine if there is any real added benefit to the added cost of the Terminator system for a mainly street car with no NOX or Boost....

tonysrt

Reaction score
I mentioned a couple of good things about the edelbrock pro flo now the down side. Need a shaker hood, shaker bubble, a throttle adapter for about $ 30 and spacers to lift bubble above linkage which I bought for about $20. The shaker kit is almost $3000 for shipping and currency change if bought from TommyChryco in Canada. The Shaker hoods from AMD can only be had with hood pin openings and they are almost $1000. So unfortunately it's an expensive deal, I did get it running but lousy weather and now with over a foot of snow today it'll be on hold for a few more weeks.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
One of the members just posted pictures of his 340 6 pack port injected with 3 throttle bodies , I think it was in the anyone like Challengers thread posted by Rick @ Laysons

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
BTW with a tall intake such as the Victor intake Accufab makes throttle bodies that are under 2" tall approx 1/2 the height of a normal carb if that helps .

70chall440

Reaction score
These? The top 2 pics are my cars but the bottom is a 69 Ply wagon I am doing for a guy which is a Fitech system
IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG

Back