• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

EGR delete 70 Challenger

MD383

Reaction score
Looking for some input on deleting the EGR valve on a 383 challenger? Good, bad, and how?

larry4406

Reaction score
I can't comment on good, bad, or other.

Years ago I bought a thermoquad manifold off a 400 small block and put it on my 383. I made a block off plate out of 3/8" metal plate and RTV as the gasket as I recall.

cuda joe

Reaction score
buy a aftermarket intake or a earler383 intake you could block it off as larry said

MD383

Reaction score
I can't comment on good, bad, or other.

Years ago I bought a thermoquad manifold off a 400 small block and put it on my 383. I made a block off plate out of 3/8" metal plate and RTV as the gasket as I recall.
So I have a stock 383 intake with no EGR port. The EGR on the valve cover goes directly into the bottom of the carb. I wanted to remove the EGR valve if possible and not have it go into the intake if possible. I have heard that it causes the intake valves to get gummed up and sticky.

MD383

Reaction score
buy a aftermarket intake or a earler383 intake you could block it off as larry said

So I have a stock 383 intake with no EGR port. The EGR on the valve cover goes directly into the bottom of the carb. I wanted to remove the EGR valve if possible and not have it go into the intake if possible. I have heard that it causes the intake valves to get gummed up and sticky.
sorry I keep calling it EGR it's a PCV not EGR

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
If you're not getting inspected for pollution control devices, just install a breather on either valve cover. That way the motor doesn't build up any positive or negative pressure internally. You can plug the smaller PCV hole.

Last edited:

moparmike65

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any good reason to eliminate the pcv valve. My suggestion would be to leave it be.

TRipnip51

Reaction score
You need your PCV !!! I beg you to go to this website. They are father son engineers that make an adjustable pcv valve. They explain everything!
www.mewagner.com Ask for Gene tell him Scott in Georgia sent you.

fasjac

Reaction score
Use the PCV valve if it’s street car/cruiser
JMO as with some others.

Back