• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electric problem

crytough

Reaction score
Hey all you great Mopar guys I could use some help. Not getting any power to the dash light bar, also from two of the gauge lights. The orange lead bullet connector is plugged in, but no power coming out of plug. Bulbs and fuse are good. I've cleaned up the dimmer switch the best I could. I guess my question is where is the starting point where the power comes from.I don't know what else to look for.This all started because only one dash bulb worked so I was going to put led's in. The light bar above the gauges never worked. Are there two different power sources for these lights ?

terrywalker

Reaction score
What year is the e-body? There were a few differences year to year. A volt/ohm meter is a must in these situations. Do you have voltage to the fuse itself now? If not, the problem may be in the bulkhead connector. If there is voltage, it could be in the orange wire going to the instrument lights. Are all the ground wires making a good connection (ohm meter)? Need to start from the bulkhead connector and work your way out. An electrical diagram is a must.
Terry

crytough

Reaction score
What year is the e-body? There were a few differences year to year. A volt/ohm meter is a must in these situations. Do you have voltage to the fuse itself now? If not, the problem may be in the bulkhead connector. If there is voltage, it could be in the orange wire going to the instrument lights. Are all the ground wires making a good connection (ohm meter)? Need to start from the bulkhead connector and work your way out. An electrical diagram is a must.
Terry
I'm waiting for my brother to come today. Because i'm clueless when it comes to electric. I couldn't tell you now if it has an ammeter or VR iT IS A 1970 se Thanks for the response.

hemix

Reaction score
Hey all you great Mopar guys I could use some help. Not getting any power to the dash light bar, also from two of the gauge lights. The orange lead bullet connector is plugged in, but no power coming out of plug. Bulbs and fuse are good. I've cleaned up the dimmer switch the best I could. I guess my question is where is the starting point where the power comes from.I don't know what else to look for.This all started because only one dash bulb worked so I was going to put led's in. The light bar above the gauges never worked. Are there two different power sources for these lights ?
i would start with your dimmer switch. Power for the dimmer switch comes from your headlight switch. I believe there is a wire running from your dimmer switch to the fuse box. If there is power to the fuse box from your dimmer switch, then i would go to the bulkhead connector
Good Luck

crytough

Reaction score
i would start with your dimmer switch. Power for the dimmer switch comes from your headlight switch. I believe there is a wire running from your dimmer switch to the fuse box. If there is power to the fuse box from your dimmer switch, then i would go to the bulkhead connector
Good Luck
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it

Back