• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine leans to the passenger side

aa-1159

Reaction score
Have 360 sixpack in my 73 Challenger, engine leans aloft to the passenger side, how can I level it.
I believe block is a 78
20190216_133639.jpg

Steve340

Reaction score
I discovered the engine in an E body is offset towards the passengers side by around 2 to 2.5 inches as Matt said.
On level ground a carpenters level should show you if the engine is "leaning"
It should be near enough to level side to side but will have the front of the engine higher that the back. This is done to get air bubbles out of the cooling system and achieve correct driveshaft angle.

Geo

Reaction score
The car doesn't care, you could loosed the mounts to the K frame and try and move it

fasjac

Reaction score
Turn the torsion bolt in a couple rounds on the passenger side. This will raise the body height. This could require an alignment afterwards.
Appears the rh side of the car is low. Could be the pic angle.

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
When I put on a hood scoop . I found out about how a engine sits 1.5” off center in the engine bay . There is several reasons why. But this sucks when your measuring your new scoop .

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Turn the torsion bolt in a couple rounds on the passenger side. This will raise the body height. This could require an alignment afterwards.
Appears the rh side of the car is low. Could be the pic angle.
Impossible to say from that pic how the body is sitting relative to the ground. The engines and drivetrains in all Mopars are sitting off center and in a straight line from the centerline of the pinion to the centerline of the mains in the engine, aren’t they?

burntorange70

Reaction score
Maybe some kind of offset baseplate would put the filter in the center for you? Would have to cut the hole in the hood bigger though.

we’re you going to put a scoop on it or leave it like it is?

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
A offset filter base is what I did to center the filter in the scope. You can see it in this picture.

7D1EDEA8-B020-4AF8-976F-ECD80E43CBA1.png

Ted70challenger

Reaction score
And if you put the carb/filter in the scoop then you will need solid motor mounts. The engine will move 2-3 inches easy with the stock mounts

Back