• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory 15 Rallies Back Spacing Front Spacing and Trim Ring

Digem86

Reaction score
I am trying to order custom Factory Rally wheels for my 70 Cuda and need to know the correct trim rim that I can still order, and what is the dimension from the hub mounting area (back side) to the front of the wheel is to get the correct wheel and trim ring. Instead of back spacing it is the front spacing I am looking for.

I am ordering 15x8 and 15x10 wheels so any recommendations on manufactures is helpful as well.

Thank you all,

moparleo

Reaction score
No proper trim rings for those widths.If you are ordering custom made rims, the maker would be the best source for trim fitment.
Rings were only made for 15 x 6 1/2" and 7" rallyes.

Digem86

Reaction score
No proper trim rings for those widths.If you are ordering custom made rims, the maker would be the best source for trim fitment.
Rings were only made for 15 x 6 1/2" and 7" rallyes.
I understand the 6 1/2" and 7" the reason I need to know the measurement from the face of the wheel to the wheel mounting surface is to get the exact measurement then I will order the backspacing to match the wheel width. and in the end will have the proper looking wheel finish.

moparleo

Reaction score
But if the backspace is critical for clearance of the suspension. You can't just ignore the backspace.
4 1/4" is standard on the 15 X 7 "
You could give the people building the wheels a trim ring. They can then install the ring and get the exact measurement they will need to fit the rings properly. Now if the wheels will clear the suspension components is another thing.

Digem86

Reaction score
But if the backspace is critical for clearance of the suspension. You can't just ignore the backspace.
4 1/4" is standard on the 15 X 7 "

You could give the people building the wheels a trim ring. They can then install the ring and get the exact measurement they will need to fit the rings properly. Now if the wheels will clear the suspension components is another thing.
The car is running a 11" wheel in the back now with a 7 3/8" backspace, so that will not be an issue. If I run a 10" with a 7 3/8" backspace that makes the front 3 5/8 from face to wheel mounting surface. If a stock wheel from face to mounting surface is 3 3/4" with a 4 1/4" backspace that is all I need to know.
I hope that make sense.

Digem86

Reaction score
Here is a drawing with the measurements I'm looking for on a stock 15" Rally wheel. If someone has the trim ring depth for the same wheel I would appreciate it as well.

Thank you for the help.

Attachments

• Wheel Dimensions.jpg
    Wheel Dimensions.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 137

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Dreams and wishes! Be careful for what you wish for,You just might get it and it,s not what you thought! Ride on the wheels that are on there and get them dirty.Have that pleasure and cleaning them.

Back