• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

First big restoration...

Fizz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
This is my first big restoration! Just getting into it... I've had this 1974 'Cuda since 1983 (my 3rd one) but it's been parked since 2001. Come New Years 2018 I told everyone I was going to work on the Cuda in 2018, but never got around to it, so on Christmas Eve 2018 I decided now's the time. So I pulled the engine and trans out, then it sat for another year while I built my rotisserie... With the self isolation of Covid I figured it's now or never! So here's where I'm at... So far the only help I've had is yesterday, I got a hand to take both doors off (fully assembled) 'cause they're kind of awkward to do alone... I Really like my rotisserie but as with any project you always realize afterwards how you could have done better... Today I placed an order for AMD quarter skins and some little items. I may have to order more after the sandblast... Later this week I have a guy coming to remove windshield and rear glass so I can start sandblasting and we'll see how it goes... :)

Cuda.April.2020.png

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! Glad you’re on the site. Looks pretty solid from here. Seems like we have all had some extra time. Look forward to seeing the progress Fizz!

AUSTA

Reaction score
Looks to be in good condition Rotisserie really helps

Rich G.

Reaction score
Good luck . That’s a big job you got there . Stay on track and don’t give up. A little each day gets you closer to the end. Where are you located at of curiosity

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome:aboard. I would also recommend to install subframe connectors before you start removing metal. This will help to really stiffen the structure making for better panel alignments. Good luck, lots of work there.

Last edited:
Back