• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fitech EFI, anyone use it?

cdummer43

Reaction score
Looking for input on Fitech EFI system they offer. Any comments and personal reviews would be greatly appreciated. Would be going on a 340 5-speed

BELVEDERE

Reaction score
Looking for input on Fitech EFI system they offer. Any comments and personal reviews would be greatly appreciated. Would be going on a 340 5-speed

I put one on my 65 belvedere afx 440 4sp and love it I took off a fast ez1 piece of crap.the fitech was half the price $1390 with fuel command center.was so easy to install with timing control it was only 4 wires. bought mine from pace performance they have great tech support something fast cant even spell.i have read every forum I can find and have seen no one complaining.the fast forum is full of people with problems

Last edited:

cdummer43

Reaction score
I put one on my 65 belvedere afx 440 4sp and love it I took off a fast ez1 piece of crap.the fitech was half the price $1390 with fuel command center.was so easy to install with timing control it was only 4 wires. bought mine from pace performance they have great tech support something fast cant even spell.i have read every forum I can find and have seen no one complaining.the fast forum is full of people with problems

Awesome just what I was looking to hear. Did you do the inline fuel pump that they offer them too? If so is it noisy?

BELVEDERE

Reaction score
Awesome just what I was looking to hear. Did you do the inline fuel pump that they offer them too? If so is it noisy?
no I used there fuel command center mounted under hood where battery used to be easy to install and don't here it when motor running.i had the pump on rear frame rail with the fast set up it screamed all the time

cdummer43

Reaction score
no I used there fuel command center mounted under hood where battery used to be easy to install and don't here it when motor running.i had the pump on rear frame rail with the fast set up it screamed all the time

I got it, I was doing some more research and see that the command center can actually run off the existing manual pump that is attached to the motor. Very sweet deal especially now with $100 rebate going on.

Al-

Reaction score
I will have mine installed shortly, running a 340 5 speed also. I skipped the fuel center and got a tank with a provision for a drop in efi pump with feed and return.

cdummer43

Reaction score
I will have mine installed shortly, running a 340 5 speed also. I skipped the fuel center and got a tank with a provision for a drop in efi pump with feed and return.

Awesome bud, let me know how you like it. Once I get the finances and approval I will be ordering it!

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi all, about a month ago I ordered the small 30003 fitech system from Paceperformance. It has yet to arrive. This system is in demanded and I am still waiting for mine. This EFI system is so affordable, how wouldn't get this for your driver. I have a tanksinc fuel tank with pump in tank, if you haven't seen this tank, take a look at it, it's beautiful. I can't wait to see this all running. I will try to infrom you all when it runs, which will be awhile. :):):):):):)

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
This is definatly better than a carb but still has its drawbacks as it is still a wet intake system although the atomization should be far better than a carb . Unfotunatly going to muliport EFI is approx 4x the cost

deano383

Reaction score
Awesome bud, let me know how you like it. Once I get the finances and approval I will be ordering it!

All I can say is I just installed this Fitech system and boy what a difference it made in my 383. The throttle response is amazing! It feels like I have 100 extra horsepower. My Challenger will do a rolling burnout running 25 mph that it never did with a carb.

KMikk

Reaction score
All I can say is I just installed this Fitech system and boy what a difference it made in my 383. The throttle response is amazing! It feels like I have 100 extra horsepower. My Challenger will do a rolling burnout running 25 mph that it never did with a carb.
Where did you wire in the white wire (ignition) on your mopar?

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Blue wire off the ignition wire harness, it's the run wire, Just installed the small Fitech system to my fresh mild build 383, this is such an easy install, it started up in about two seconds of crank, good luck

KMikk

Reaction score
I just installed a Fi Tech system with the fuel command center. It is awesome, my challenger starts by just turning the key, idles perfectly and no hesitation to 6000 rpm. Installation took about 6 hours total by the time I soldered all the connections. I installed a 1" aluminum spacer under the thermostat housing that had provisions for the coolant sensor. worked great. I had welded in a bung for the O2 sensor when in installed my TA exhaust this spring.

72brcda

Reaction score
Just received my FiTech go street efi and fuel command center and will install in the next week or 2. I have a 340 and 904. What stuff for throttle and trans linkage will I need prior to install?

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
I have bought the Go Efi 30002, do I also need a fuel command center? I thought I could use the fuelpump on the engine and that it didn't need any extra electric fuelpump.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
You have to have a high presser fuel pump. If I remember it 48 psi for FiTech, and the most you can get from a mechanical engine pump is about 9 psi
If you buy there command center them you run your stock fuel pump to supply the command center and then it will supply the high presser.

I am going to get FiTech as soon as money allows, but I will go with an in tank pump as I have read too many bad things about the command center

KMikk ... I hope the command center works good for you, and maybe they have fixed their issues. If you could please keep us informed as to your progress.

AUSTA

Reaction score
A lot better than the ezi efi crap was continually re-tuning the battery voltage on the display was about .8 volts out not good if your running the display.
When battery is reconnected the FAST resets the fan temp to about 185 where the Fitech when disconnected resets to 170
The Fitech is much cleaner through the whole range.
Used a Holley cable mount & shortened Lokar cable had to bent the throttle arm out slightly as it is just too close too the body.
Dont know why the aircleaner centre bolt has been changed from the old 1/4" to 5/16" so you must drill your air cleaner
Used a Holley 1200 on the rear rail very quite.
fitech.jpg

Last edited:

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
Thank you, then I guess I have to order a new tank from tankinc whit fuelpump inside.

cdummer43

Reaction score
Thank you, then I guess I have to order a new tank from tankinc whit fuelpump inside.
I know yearone sells some tanks with built in electric fuel pump for about half the price of Tanksinc, but I have not bought one or heard of anyone with one to give a first hand review of it.

cdummer43

Reaction score
A lot better than the ezi efi crap was continually re-tuning the battery voltage on the display was about .8 volts out not good if your running the display.
When battery is reconnected the FAST resets the fan temp to about 185 where the Fitech when disconnected resets to 170
The Fitech is much cleaner through the whole range.
Used a Holley cable mount & shortened Lokar cable had to bent the throttle arm out slightly as it is just too close too the body.
Dont know why the aircleaner centre bolt has been changed from the old 1/4" to 5/16" so you must drill your air cleaner
Used a Holley 1200 on the rear rail very quite.View attachment 35161
Thanks for the reply.

How much did that Holley pump run you?

Would love to see more of your car too!

Back