• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fitech EFI setup

yamanut1970

Reaction score
I installed a 600HP Fitech unit on my 440 but need someone with experience setting it up and tuning it. Car is very hard to start but once running seems ok. I'm located in Kingston, Ontario. Can anyone recommend a shop that gas experience with these?

rklein71

Reaction score
I had trouble sometimes starning my Holley Sniper, turns out I didn't have 12 volts to the computer when the switch was in start position. Just wondering if you have checked that.
Rod

rogue

Reaction score
I have a FITech set up... i'd recommend calling their tech support and they should be able to give you some tips on what to look for... I've found some of their support guys are better than others though.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Is it flooding at start.
I have 4 different Fitech units & found they are too rich when starting usaully have to dial back the start fuel to correct do you have the programming unit.
If you don't think it is flooding try turning your key off & on 2 to 3 times it will re prime & add extra fuel usually wait about 30 seconds between turning off & on ,it it works then you may have to increase start fuel.

romi

Reaction score
Agree with rklein71. I just finished my Fitech install. need good clean minimum 10v to the white wire. Good way to check is to connect direct to the battery (through a fuse just to be safe). If it starts a lot better then you know your old connection is an issue. Also are you getting any fault codes? Ill double check the number but I think its fault code 32 means youre getting "noise" in the blue wire because its its too close to other wires (like spark plug wires). If you get those two wires connected and routed right, the rest is pretty easy.

Back