• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Found some Car Pics from the old days!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Two street rods from the neighborhood from the 1970's
Found an album of car pictures that I took back then.
Dino2 (1).gif

Rods.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
There were times back then that felt like I was living in "American Graffitti". Street rods, all kinds of muscle cars roaming around, drive-in movies, and of course some street racing for bragging rights back in the secluded industrial roads! ( late 60's- early 70's for me)
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Street racing was a weekly event back then.
Quick story: Two guys I knew back then went down to the industrial area to race; one with a 68 Charger RT 440 and a guy with 69 428 Cobra Jet Mustang. Crowd gathered to watch. Long story/short. Stang driver lost control, went sideways into a pole. Driver dies, passenger in hospital.
Never forgot this. Down side of street racing. But it was a different world back then.
Pic of the 68 Charger before the race-
Dino2 (1).gif

Joe Puff Charger.jpg

mrjlr

Reaction score
Street racing was a weekly event back then.
Quick story: Two guys I knew back then went down to the industrial area to race; one with a 68 Charger RT 440 and a guy with 69 428 Cobra Jet Mustang. Crowd gathered to watch. Long story/short. Stang driver lost control, went sideways into a pole. Driver dies, passenger in hospital.
Never forgot this. Down side of street racing. But it was a different world back then.
Pic of the 68 Charger before the race-
View attachment 44959

View attachment 44960
Those were the days. ....I'd NEVER street race today. ..

Jeff

Back