• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front seat tracks

SpeedD408

Reaction score
I'm looking at the seat tracks on my '71 and there is a lot of surface rust. Apparently the previous owner loved his coffee as when I took the seat out I found the plastic lid to his/her cup. Anyway, I think they would clean up nice but I don't see how to take them apart (off the seat sure, 4 bolts, but not how to take the sliders apart). I was going to sand them up, put some Por-15 on them to stop any further rust and the paint them. Anyone taking these things apart without having to cut rivets? If that isn't possible, anyone have any thought on the reproduction unit old by YearOne or the OER units sold by Classic Industries. I figure there should be a difference as YearOne wants $225 for theirs and Classic wants $99 for the OER. Therefore wondering if YearOne is just really proud of their stuff that is not in stock or if the OER's use thin metal and plastic vs maybe an all metal design.

Thanks for the help.

floyd

Reaction score
It’s not too hard to get them apart. They are usually pretty caked with hardened grease so lots of time with solvent and an old toothbrush. Once disassembled, they can either be media blasted or soaked in evaporust, then repainted. Lots of good info here:

Seat track disassembly in Interior

Back