• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front Seat Upgrades

cudaclive

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my bucket seats on my '70 Barracuda. I just need something more comfortable in my old age and to hold me in place. I was looking at the Procar by Scat or Corbeau seats. Both have some issues with height and backseat legroom. Anybody install any of these? I was thinking Touring (Procar) or Sport (Corbeau).

rbbruno3

Reaction score
How is your foam? Can’t beat the look of original, unless you’re doing that Pro touring interior all modern look.

cudaclive

Reaction score
Foam is good. I think shoulder seat belts would probably help as well. Driver and passenger fly around all the time.

booyaballer

Reaction score
i went from a bench seat to the sport corbou in my challenger. required the seat brackets but i'm happy with them.

BcudaChris

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my bucket seats on my '70 Barracuda. I just need something more comfortable in my old age and to hold me in place. I was looking at the Procar by Scat or Corbeau seats. Both have some issues with height and backseat legroom. Anybody install any of these? I was thinking Touring (Procar) or Sport (Corbeau).

Hey man, look into some Shelby Charger seats from the turbo K car era. My best creature comfort update to date (modernizing the A/C inclusive). Plenty of lateral support, reclining and they bolt directly to E-body bucket seat rails, though if you are tall and run a 6 way, your head and steering wheel clearance will be compromised. As a stopgap, I got some semi custom seat covers off of Amazon, F/R to match until I get around to doing up my interior. They are cloth with shallow seat and side bolsters and a bit taller so getting in and out is a bit easier. The lower back support is excellent, even w/out adjustable lumbar supports. Cruises that had my back aching in the factory seats are nothing. No more looking fwd to fuel stops on longer trips.

They also have seat belt loops to keep the 3pt. handy if you have gone that route. Just pull the seat belt tight before you launch and you're good for anything short of a road circuit.

I had actually almost given up on that plan and came across a set on Moparts. Since then, I've seen several. Just keep your eyes open. They are comparable to the seats in my 2001 Mustang Bullitt from a comfort perspective, but do come up short on lateral support.

Back