• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel sending unit fuel line questions

RayL

Reaction score
Going thru a project car I bought to see what's what. Troubleshooting a fuel gauge problem (fixed) and discovered the sending unit was replaced with a modern two pipe affair. Two questions. 1) I'm not using the return pipe and want to find a more attractive way to cap it off than what's there now. Anyone know where to find proper 1/4" line caps that are compatible for fuel applications? 2) Should there be a ground jumper to span the hose gap between the sending unit pipe and the fuel line?

2021-05-24_204110.jpg

70chall440

Reaction score
You should be able to fit some vacuum caps at most any parts store usually in the after market section of from any of the online stores such as Summit or JEGS.

A ground strap on the fuel line would be helpful or you can make a ground from the tank to the frame; bottom line is that your tank needs to be grounded.

RayL

Reaction score
I grounded the tank to the frame which made the fuel gauge happy. But will also add the ground strap on the fuel line. Grounds are good.

I picked these vacuum caps up at Advanced Auto. Was hesitant to use them where they will be in contact with fuel. I'll check a few other sites before installing one of these. I have yet to fill the tank since I got the car and would prefer not to find out these caps are not up to the job with a full tank.

1621977113716.png

Back