• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

fuel-vapor-canister

challnger73

Reaction score
Good afternoon, have a 73 challenger 318 from factory, restorer installed a 360 w/Edelbrock carburetor. The carb does not have an inlet nipple to accept the hose from canister.
Is the canister necessary or do i connect the outlet hose to something else?
thanks and happy holidays

Adam

Reaction score
I am not an expert on this but it seems you can leave it disconnected, you will probably have gas smell. Or you can run the hose to the air cleaner where the vapors will get pulled in and burned. You could connect it to a manifold vacuum source, IF the canister would not cause a vacuum leak. If your air cleaner has no provision for this some cars have it plumbed into the pcv hose, vacuum.

challnger73

Reaction score
I am not an expert on this but it seems you can leave it disconnected, you will probably have gas smell. Or you can run the hose to the air cleaner where the vapors will get pulled in and burned. You could connect it to a manifold vacuum source, IF the canister would not cause a vacuum leak. If your air cleaner has no provision for this some cars have it plumbed into the pcv hose, vacuum.

challnger73

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i will post some photos of the area in the engine bay, maybe y'all can advise on what to do.
happy thanksgiving

Back