• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FWIW - SE rear trim panel

/sixchall

Reaction score
Hi enthusiasts, maybe some of you can give me an idea of what these 70 Challenger SE/WSS rear finish panel are going for. I have one I’d like to sell so it’s always nice to know what they’re getting. It is OE used but in nice condition, I do know that they are not reproduced and can be difficult to locate.appreciate any pearls of wisdom you can enlighten me with. Thanks in advance. Al

R4Sedan

Reaction score
When you say Nice? Any dings or scratches. Driver Condition. Does it come with mounting Hardware?

/sixchall

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, gives me ideas about these things, $250.00-$300.00 not sure here, I’ve seen trim panels in my research on Google in this price range for panels that are scratched and or dinged on the corners. My panel was professionally restored, no dings, gouges or scratches of any type. I would put this on a show car with no hesitation. Has been painted with the proper gray Astrotone paint. It is OE but used, meaning it has been on a car, it’s as close to NOS as your going to get. As for fasteners, those are super hard to find. I have a set of factory fasteners but are my spares for my panel on my 70 SE Challenger. I would have a hard time selling these, and leaving me without.

Attachments

• BBE0F32A-044B-45CE-B76E-39CF761850E9.jpeg
    BBE0F32A-044B-45CE-B76E-39CF761850E9.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 141
  • 1EDF404B-593F-44CE-92BA-8FACBD9DBDA9.jpeg
    1EDF404B-593F-44CE-92BA-8FACBD9DBDA9.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 22FA0A6D-EF25-46FB-B1E6-6E685080AFAD.jpeg
    22FA0A6D-EF25-46FB-B1E6-6E685080AFAD.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 993EC261-39AE-4DEC-9FF9-8C3FD08C8610.jpeg
    993EC261-39AE-4DEC-9FF9-8C3FD08C8610.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 153

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Your Finish Panel looks to be in the condition the one on my car is. I would put a value of about
$750 on it. I see them sometimes on Ebay a bit higher, but that's what I think.
On another note. I tried buying the Hardware off you a little over a year ago, off the
other Ebody forum. Well my body guy ended up making the hardware. But, if you already
have a complete set on your car why do you need a back up set?
Sell it with the panel or to somebody that's trying to complete a car or get with someone that
could re-make them. Just a thought. Your stuff. Good Luck.

/sixchall

Reaction score
yes I do remember your inquiry R4Sedan, was sometime ago.I’ve had this panel for quite sometime now and had considered selling a couple times. I had posted an inquiry myself on the other e-body forum about selling and was told by several members, don’t sell what would happen if your car was involved in a traffic altercation and you needed this panel to replace a damaged one. So I rethought it out and put it away. About the clips hanging on to them is my own personal thing. The SE panels are hard enough to find on their own, but as I get older I’m having second thoughts about parts I’ve been hanging onto. $750.00 sounds like a solid price guess I had actually placed my price guess at $1,000.00, if condition matches yours than yours is in very, very nice condition. Al

fastmark

Reaction score
Al, I know your delima. I’m a parts collector as well. You have a nice car and you do drive it. That is a piece that would take major damage even with a minor hit. If you need the money sell it. If you don’t, keep it. You’ll never find another. I’ve sold all my Challengers and don’t plan to get another one. I’ve got a used one that’s better than the one that sold on one of the sites recently for $350. It had the hole astound the lock enlarged. So I figure mine is worth $500. I’ve still got an NOS one left as well. I think it might be worth some still in the wrapper( or what’s left of it).

NixDad

Reaction score
you said you had it professionally restored. Who did that work for you? if you mind sharing. I have a very nice one that needs to just be better

/sixchall

Reaction score
NixDad, I had 2 of them restored with the proper Gray astrotone paint. You can see my extra one above in this posting. The guys who worked both of them for me, unfortunately are no longer in business due to the strict regulations imposed by the state of Calif. They were reasonable and did great work, I’m sorry they’re gone. Before they went out of business I had all of my SE trim on my car all straightened and polished. Good luck. Al

Back