• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gauge limiter...

i_taz

Reaction score
Just a tip if your gauges are acting up. I reconnected the temp gauge on a rally dash and it would
intermittently swing all the way up and down. Explains why there was an gauge installed under the dash.

Since I had the radio out to re-wire the alt. past the bulkhead I threw one of the RT engineering solid state
limiters and it straightened everything out. I don't have the oil pressure I had either but at least it's
accurate now...

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Vans Auto also sell a solid state one.

Attachments

• 5volt limiters.jpg
    5volt limiters.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 101

i_taz

Reaction score
Got an update on this and it turns out to have been wishful thinking. It started to wreak havoc with my
fuel gauge which was off by as much as a 1/4 tank. They provided a 10 ohm resistor for bench testing that I thought might make it compatible with the sending unit but checking that with a meter it was functioning correctly. As for the temp gauge that I thought was 'fixed' that slowly settled it's way down to just to the bottom end of the normal mark, no higher and that didn't change when I put the old limiter back in so it's safe to say it's a little tired out...

Last edited:

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Most of our electrical problems are caused by poor grounding. I had issues with my gauges intermittently moving around. I suspected a bad ground and added a ground wire between the gauge panel and dash. No more wandering gauges.

Back