• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Glass vendor? auto city classic any good?

70cuda50

Reaction score
I want to replace windshield and all side glass in my Cuda convertible. From research, seems most are happy with ECS and AMD. some say they source from same supplier.
What about Auto City Classic? I know they source from China also and they are cheaper but that worries me a bit. Anyone have experience with their glass?
Non a/c car, so in theory clear glass as it has now. I want tinted windshield either way but was wondering about the green tint of ac cars for sides too. I live in Colorado where we get lots of sunny days and more intense uv. Does the tint make any difference on cooling or fading or just different look? Thanks

Avalanche

Reaction score
I replaced all my glass with AMD green tint.
I have a challenger convertible and it fit great. I like the green tint, it dosent darken it too much.

Stevescars

Reaction score
Your green tinted windshield, was the entire glass slightly tinted along with a blue shade band on top? I have a challenger convertible as well and didn't know if that was correct or just clear with a blue shade on the top. Is it a PGW or Pilkington, do you know?
Thanks, Steve

340challconvert

Reaction score
I bought a PGW tinted windshield several years back and installed it into my A66 Challenger vert.
Nice window, same thickness, similar to my stock original. Went in nicely using a slightly thicker butyl tape. Fit nicely.

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1621 altered.jpg

Last edited:
Back