• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Good Riddance

seneca

Reaction score
I see in todays news that the Volkswagen Beetle production will cease in a few days. Maybe this time it will stay buried and we won't have to look at any more of Hitler's " people's car" ever again!! Never liked the things anyway.

budascuda

Reaction score
Oh them things ain't going away for a "thousands years", especially the old ones. More suitable for the European countries though. My dad owned a 1968 model in mint condition which I was gonna inherit, but I left . They will bring it back in another format when they run out of new ideas and when people have forgotten about them, let's say in 25 years or so.
Folks_Vaagen, hehe.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Some of those old Kombi vans are worth Hemi E body money (don't know why)
Because they’re rare and enough people love them.
I saw a little blurb over on FBBO about the Camaro going away but I wasn’t quite interested enough to read the articles. Never liked the new ones, I think they look ridiculous.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I was shocked to see what the VW mini buses go for at auctions; over 100k in some cases.
They were transportation of choice for the "hippies" back in the day.
Yes-bus-alone-e1419538282982.jpg

One of the tv resto shows even sponsored a remake recently on one.
https://classics.autotrader.com/articles/vw-kombi-van-seeing-resurgence-in-popularity-1
Dino2 (1).gif

Back