• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got lucky!

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
I was offered a really nice k-code mustang by a guy, but the story he was telling me didn't add up. I googled the v.i.n and found a 10 year old ad where a previous owner was selling the car. Story didn't match up so I passed on the car. During our conversation Imasked what kind of cars he had now and he mentioned a 76 T/A he bought new, but he was building a resto mod pickup. He said he got interested in resto mod cars and started a cuda and decided the pickup would be a "cooler" build. Whatever... He called me a few days later and offered the cuda to me, he sent me the V.I.N. and we made a deal. So, what I got is a 1971 Cuda V code, auto, billboard convertible!!!!! I feel like I won a lottery! I have had to hold all of this in until today because my employee finally picked up the car and all of the parts...the car is on a dolly ready for paint...all the body numbers match and I'm trying to locate the drivetrain that he sold to buy a hellcat engine for the restomod build. I feel like I saved this one...here are pics of the car ...now and then...I'll sit on it and make a plan to get started after my Challenger build...

IMG_0099(1).PNG

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

rklein71

Reaction score
Wow, they didn't make many V code 71 convertible Cudas. My neighbor in Colorado Springs had one back in the eighties. I often wonder what happened to it. Rod

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Wow, congrats! Is that the original color because I’m having a hard time thinking how it could get any better. Wait, is it a 4 speed?

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Strange, or rare color combo...B7 blue, black top, white billboards, white/black interior....

340challconvert

Reaction score
Dan, Wow
Great pickup :thumbsup:
That is a rare car in a rare B7 color with a cool color combo.
Hunt down that engine and you really hit the lottery!
B7 is my absolute favorite e body color

Romero14

Reaction score
Wowwww! Wish we could all be that lucky lol. And what challenger are you working on?

340challconvert

Reaction score
I still find it unbelievable that someone would remove the engine from a 71 V Code Cuda vert. They have been a hot commodity for a long time. Was the engine pulled years back or more recent? Just curious.
Dino2 (2).gif

aussiemark

Reaction score
The pick up would be cooler then a Cuda (what a dumb ass) good thing you got it off him before he totally destroyed it with his idiotic restomod molestation. I hope you can find the original parts and right this wrong, I can't believe how stupid some people can be. Once you have all the parts in your possession let this clown know how rare and valuable this car is he will never get over it.

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
The pick up would be cooler then a Cuda (what a dumb ass) good thing you got it off him before he totally destroyed it with his idiotic restomod molestation. I hope you can find the original parts and right this wrong, I can't believe how stupid some people can be. Once you have all the parts in your possession let this clown know how rare and valuable this car is he will never get over it.
Ironically, when my guy showed up to load the car all he could talk about is how he thinks he sold me his 76 Trans Am too cheap...lol...

wayne

Reaction score
Wow, congrats! Incredible car. Never have seen a color combo like that and I love it. Which is one thing I love about the Mopars. They can be built so many ways

aussiemark

Reaction score
I remember reading about a Curious yellow V code Cuda vert I think that was a 1 of 1 it lost it's original Torqueflite in the 70's. Then there is Steven Juliano's (RIP) red one that was a column shift Torqueflite car.

MONC

Reaction score
Great score. Glad it was saved .
Do you have the original fender tag?
Is it an original B7 blue car with white interior and white billboard?

Back