• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Happy to be in over my head.

Jhermann06

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a 71 challenger. My uncle has owned the car since the 80's and took it apart in the early 2000's. He has gotten to old (his word not mine) and so I'm ecstatic to take it off his hands. When I was in high school my Father restored a Cuda with help from my brother and I so I have base, but still going to be figure everything out as I go.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
FCC9058E-1A97-41F6-B52A-306C13CED9AD.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site . Awesome to have a Challenger given to you & stay in the family !

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Welcome from Tucson! I'm a couple hours away from you, but shoot me a PM if you ever need a hand with anything. Good luck with the project.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Man that’s great, look forward to seeing some pictures.

Jhermann06

Reaction score
So I just brought home my 71 Challenger. It was optioned with the V5X Bodie molding I have all the pieces but not in great shape. She is also missing some of the nubbins due to some of the bodywork. Does anyone know if the molding is reproduced? Also, what's the best way to deal with the missing nubbins?

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
I don't think those moldings are reproduced. Check the For Sale forum as they have been on here for sale in the past.

Those body pins are available and can be installed with a special heat gun tool.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like a nice project. Very cool to keep itxin the family. 71's are my second favorite. I have owned two 71's. One of them twice.

Jhermann06

Reaction score
I know it has the wrong grill. When my uncle replaced the grill in the 80's the 70 grill was a third the price and he liked it better.

One of few

Reaction score
So I just brought home my 71 Challenger. It was optioned with the V5X Bodie molding I have all the pieces but not in great shape. She is also missing some of the nubbins due to some of the bodywork. Does anyone know if the molding is reproduced? Also, what's the best way to deal with the missing nubbins?

I might be able to help with that V5X trim - Let me look and see what I’ve got.

Back