• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hedman Elite ultra duty headers

coyote42

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am looking into a set of ceramic coated headers for my 440/auto 73 Challenger. I am looking at the Hedman Elite ultra duty. They are a thicker walled tube and I like the design of the tubes across the flange/ spark plug access and the ball type collector vs the TTI flat flange and cost less. Anybody have any experience with these? How is the fit? How is the starter access?
Thanks

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
I have found the fitment of hedman to be worse than TTI or Dougs
I agree with Chryco on this. Hedman headers have pretty much always been the 'economy' line in the header business and the fitment isn't as good as the more expensive lines. You get what you pay for!

Back in the day, the cheaper headers ran some of the tubes under the steering linkage on the left side of the small block Mopars. Not only did you have to take your steering linkage apart to install them, the ground clearance was terrible and the tubes ended up flattened on the bottom after a while. I don't know if Hedman has redesigned their headers and gotten away from that or not. The better headers like TTI don't have that issue.

coyote42

Reaction score
I agree with Chryco on this. Hedman headers have pretty much always been the 'economy' line in the header business and the fitment isn't as good as the more expensive lines. You get what you pay for!

Back in the day, the cheaper headers ran some of the tubes under the steering linkage on the left side of the small block Mopars. Not only did you have to take your steering linkage apart to install them, the ground clearance was terrible and the tubes ended up flattened on the bottom after a while. I don't know if Hedman has redesigned their headers and gotten away from that or not. The better headers like TTI don't have that issue.
It looks like for my 440 they don't have that shape the small blocks did. Steering looks to not go through. The hedmans I'm looking at have a similar shape to the Dougs and TTI.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes , only the small block headers are designed so poorly the tubes go below the steering center link .

Back