• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello E-Body enthusiasts!

GoTopless

Reaction score
I have owned my '70 Challenger convertible (12/69 production) since '84, when I bought her from the original owner in Tallahassee, FL, who advertised her as a convertible Charger. I know, right?!?! Around '86, I replaced the top, had the rusty floorpans (sizable hole in front passenger pan and multiple small holes in trunk) sandblasted and coated with industrial black paint to stop/slow the rust, then added headers, dual exhaust, swapped the flat hood for a power bulge hood (still have original hood), and drove her regularly until '99, when I moved to Huntsville, AL and parked her in a garage where she sat until 2010, when I moved back to Florida. I have cranked her a few times, but otherwise, she has been sitting for 20+ years. After marriage #1, raising kids, divorce (close call to losing her then), and now into a MUCH better marriage #2, I think I am finally nearing the stage where I can start to seriously consider my options to fix her up and am hoping for much guidance from this forum. She has: 318cid , slap-stick auto, power top (still works great), factory A/C (not so much), original green with dual white (painted) pinstripes, white top/interior, P/S, manual drum brakes all around, and was provided the original window sticker, owners manual, later found a build sheet under one of the seats, and all of the maintenance receipts until the original owner parked her 5 years before I saved her. Long story. Anyways, I am interested in several areas of expertise: floor pan/trunk pans replacement; strictly bolt-on suspension and steering upgrades; power disc brake conversion; rebuild tired 318 or consider other engine upgrade options (would enjoy around 400 HP to play with); drivetrain upgrade options; all upgrades wanted without any drilling, cutting or welding....and where should I start? Budget is currently thin, but hope to add more to it in the coming months/years. I have over the years purchased items (decklid already drilled for go-wing; the wing that came with deckled is obviously incorrect, but has what appears to be the under supports); a bent-up factory rear valence with exhaust cutouts; a black driver's door panel (top of original white has dusted away over the years); factory convertible sun visors (bare wood, without upholstery); factory original hood lip moulding; factory original Challenger fender emblems with posts...Will try to upload some pics later as I am having difficulties accessing them at the moment. Thank you for the add!!

Top down side.jpg

Top up front.jpg

Top up side.jpg

New home.jpg

LA390

Reaction score
Sounds like you have plenty of work to do now. That 318 could be bored and stroked to a 390 if you wanted more get up. But most people would advise starting with a 340 or a 360 block since the cost would about the same.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome aboard from Little Rock!
Glad you’re on the site and great that you kept the vert. Look forward to seeing it when you get em downloaded.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Panama, I am glad you were able to keep the car all of these years at least . I am not sure how you are going to replace floor pans without cutting or welding though ??

GoTopless

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Panama, I am glad you were able to keep the car all of these years at least . I am not sure how you are going to replace floor pans without cutting or welding though ??

Good catch!! Obviously such repairs would require cutting and welding there. That statement was for any upgrades to suspension and drivetrain. My bad for not clarifying. Thank you for the welcome!

desotoman

Reaction score
welcome aboard ,can't wait to see another drop top !

Back