• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from British Columbia, Canada

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
I'm glad to be part of the Club as I have a 73 Challenger that I've been redoing from the ground up. That I've had for nearly 40 years & it's time to get it back on the road. I now need help with installing the new 4 row headliner, I saw that & that's what brought me to this site & I see there is a Vinyl top install, that's great as I need to do that too. I'm also looking for a couple of parts, a Dimmer/Switch Button for Diming the dash lights & a gas tank cap, if anyone has these parts let me know, Please & Thank you very much. Thank you all in advance for all the Great help, tips & advice. I hope to learn a lot from you all & I look forward to looking at all the Clubs Awesome Rides & talking E Bodies

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I too am doing a ground up on a 73 Chally. I'm about half way done on the headliner myself. No go on the parts, sorry.

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Glad to be part of the Club. If only I was on the computer years ago? Nice. How is it going on the Headliner? Having any troubles with it? Did you have to wait for a Hot Sunny day to let the headliner sit in the sun for awhile to make sure all the wrinkles come out or is that something I was told that is wrong? As that's what I've been waiting for. LOL. Haven't had a sunny day for 4 days. Only cause I want to do the headliner. LOL. But if you are putting it in without & getting no wrinkles that would be great to know? Please let me know. Ok, thanks for getting back to me on the parts, Greatly Appreciated. Have a good safe day & stay Healthy

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I too am doing a ground up on a 73 Chally. I'm about half way done on the headliner myself. No go on the parts, sorry.
Thank you very much. just trying to figure everything out on this site. sorry didn't know how to reply to you the first time that's why it's on the other postings, LOL. But Please let me know about if you never had lay the Headliner in the sun or not? And how its going? Thanks again & Greatly Appreciated

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
17932ADC-1E44-47E0-B309-F7F2DF892674.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Glad to be part of the Club. If only I was on the computer years ago? Nice. How is it going on the Headliner? Having any troubles with it? Did you have to wait for a Hot Sunny day to let the headliner sit in the sun for awhile to make sure all the wrinkles come out or is that something I was told that is wrong? As that's what I've been waiting for. LOL. Haven't had a sunny day for 4 days. Only cause I want to do the headliner. LOL. But if you are putting it in without & getting no wrinkles that would be great to know? Please let me know. Ok, thanks for getting back to me on the parts, Greatly Appreciated. Have a good safe day & stay Healthy
It's been hot here a lot and I continue to stretch it thinking the wrinkles will come out. No such luck. I bought a heat gun and have a spray water bottle to simulate a steamer. That's for tomorrow. Got the glass, cat whiskers, and side view mirror installed today. 20220827_133643.jpg

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
It's been hot here a lot and I continue to stretch it thinking the wrinkles will come out. No such luck. I bought a heat gun and have a spray water bottle to simulate a steamer. That's for tomorrow. Got the glass, cat whiskers, and side view mirror installed today. View attachment 97037
Nice Looking Car Juan, its coming together very nicely. Looks like you are doing the Vinyl Top. I was told it would be like doing wallpaper, where it needs to be rolled on & you need locweld glue. I haven't got that far yet. Wishing you Luck. I'm working on the Headliner inside the car still. I have a few more weeks of work yet. You are getting close. My doors aren't even on yet. Need the hinges rebuilt first. I'll send you a pic of my car too. Took me awhile to figure how. LOL. Thanks again. have a good safe evening

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpg
    IMG_7550.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7546.jpg
    IMG_7546.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7545.jpg
    IMG_7545.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 84

fasjac

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Happy to be a Member
I decided back long ago to let the upholstery shop do mine. I’d never done one and had a buddy that’s way more talented than myself install his headliner and he said it was a PIA. His isn’t as nice and tight but, looks good.
Good luck to you

Thank you very much. Happy to be a Member

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Nice Looking Car Juan, its coming together very nicely. Looks like you are doing the Vinyl Top. I was told it would be like doing wallpaper, where it needs to be rolled on & you need locweld glue. I haven't got that far yet. Wishing you Luck. I'm working on the Headliner inside the car still. I have a few more weeks of work yet. You are getting close. My doors aren't even on yet. Need the hinges rebuilt first. I'll send you a pic of my car too. Took me awhile to figure how. LOL. Thanks again. have a good safe evening
Talk to MoparLeo on this site. I think he rebuilds the door hinges. The vinyl top goes down next weekend. My expert helper is returning from Covid knockdown. Oh, I'm actually John. My alias is Juan Veldez because I am always up first to make coffee, :)

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
The biggest problem is I live in a smal
I decided back long ago to let the upholstery shop do mine. I’d never done one and had a buddy that’s way more talented than myself install his headliner and he said it was a PIA. His isn’t as nice and tight but, looks good.
Good luck to you

The biggest problem is l live in a small town & its 2hrs away pulling the car to any city & to really go where they have good upholstery shops is 3 hrs plus. One way. I have the four rails in the new headliner already just been waiting for a sunny day. I hope we don’t screw it up, we’ll just make sure it’s nice & tight. Because once the headliner is up we can put the rugs, panels, seats & the doors back on the car so we can put the strip package on from the front quarter panel down the doors. Me & my Daughter have done everything so far so why stop now, lol. She’s pretty talented & knows how to look on line to find out how to get things done. It’s been our project since she was 18 & I gave her my 72 Chevy 1/2 ton Custom pick up but she really wanted the car, lol. She’s 29 now & we just finished all the body work which was minor & the painting & clear coating finally as no one wants to paint & then clear coat, then after that the strip package goes on it & needs to be clear coated too. Now all the paint & clear coat is done at the same time in one mixture or at least that’s what the paint shop’s here in BC & Alberta told me. I just wanted the car back to original off the assembly line again. So as I am the 3rd owner of the car. I know the owner who special ordered the car. He gave me the original manual for it. The second owner never even owned it a month before I got it, another friend of mine. I’ve had it ever since. It only has 7394 miles on it & all original. I have the Broadcast sheet from the back seat even. My Daughter isn’t letting it go anywheres, lol. I’ll keep you updated on the progress as we want to have it all back together by the end of September

Yearsbehind

Reaction score
Talk to MoparLeo on this site. I think he rebuilds the door hinges. The vinyl top goes down next weekend. My expert helper is returning from Covid knockdown. Oh, I'm actually John. My alias is Juan Veldez because I am always up first to make coffee, :)
Thanks, I talked with Leo & sending them out Monday morning. Nice, hope he is ok. I heard you need two sets of hands. Keep me updated, please & thank you. Ok John, sounds good,lol. I’m always the one up first to make coffee here too, lol.

Back