• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Charleston SC

Don Hagen

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I finally made time to start working on my '71 Cuda that I drove in HS and I have big plans for it! I retired from the Air Force a few years ago and after almost 30 years of moving and storing the car, and finally finishing my '63 Ford Galaxie 500 XL (my Grandpa's last car), it's Cuda time. I am a machinist/welder and a decent paint and body guy as well. I truly have a passion for working on old cars! Anyway, I'm currently stripping the body, patching rust, replacing quarters etc. and I'm researching drivetrain possibilites. I built a nice 440 for it a few years ago and I was going to install a Tremec Magnum but now I'm leaning toward a 6.4 Hemi and the factory 6 speed combo. I'm looking for a wrecked doner Challenger that I can get most of what I need from. I know many others have installed gen3 Hemi's in their e-bodies but I'm wondering how this factory combo will fit and what pitfalls I might experience? Has anyone out there done this swap or have any advice for me? If so, I'm all ears.
2019-11-22 12.17.44.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Don , thanks for your service.It’s awesome you kept your high school car all these years. Your Cuda looks like a nice project.:thumbsup:

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey Don, it's great that you could keep your cuda all these years, nothing's like the first love.
The last selection In the "e body Mopar tech discussions" forum of this site is dedicated to new "Hemi swaps".
And welcome to the site
For E Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Back