• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from CT

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Just to say hello. Working my 70 Cuda right now (new leaf springs installed) and getting ready to put the 340, heater box and maybe some new seats in. I have been MOPAR since my 66 Sport Fury in the 80's. Once and a while I get in over my head and need info so that's why I joined. Thanks!!

20190721_120231.jpg

20190724_160835.jpg

20190724_162224.jpg

20190724_162232.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! How about some more details on the Cuda?

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! How about some more details on the Cuda?

It is a work in progress (aren't they all?) Was rotisseried in 86 (not very well) and started to be an AAR clone. I bought it in mid 2006 and been working it ever since. I just retired from the military in 2018 and had piece myself back together and she was neglected for a year and 1/2. Just replaced leaf springs and as I said putting the 340 back in and heater box. I am still deciding whether or not to finish the AAR clone (to include exhaust and louvers) or leave it as is. I have a Ron Francis wiring harness for it as well going in this winter. Seats need to be done, I haven't decided what to do with the seats as stock resto would be $$$$. Resources are thin right now as I want to put back together my 69 RR and the wife wants her 72 Satellite done as well ( she puts up with me so). I want it drivable by spring which is achievable with parts I have now. Thanks!!

71RT383

Reaction score
First and foremost, "Thank You for your Service to Our Country"! Hopefully you are on the track to mending!
Welcome to FEBO from CT!
Sounds like you have some great project cars. Unless you have originality doc's, and want to go that route,
otherwise make the car the way you would have in the day and it will be your dream car and enjoy the ride along the way.
Best wishes and keep us updated.

thestuntboy

Reaction score
First and foremost, "Thank You for your Service to Our Country"! Hopefully you are on the track to mending!
Welcome to FEBO from CT!
Sounds like you have some great project cars. Unless you have originality doc's, and want to go that route,
otherwise make the car the way you would have in the day and it will be your dream car and enjoy the ride along the way.
Best wishes and keep us updated.

Thanks!!!!!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Sounds like you have got plenty of work for awhile with all those project cars.

thestuntboy

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. You are going to clean and paint the engine compartment body color...right ??

I am trying to find the time to clean the engine bay but will probably paint it black for now as the car needs a complete repainting soon and to paint it a lighter green requires a lot of prep work. I want it drivable for my own sanity right now.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just a thought, if you spend the time to clean up the engine compartment well enough for paint; check out this vendor. You may be able to make the area look pretty stock with restoration paints instead of just spraying black. Used this vendor's product with good success.
MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint

Dino2.gif

Last edited:

thestuntboy

Reaction score
Just a thought, if you spend the time to clean up the engine compartment well enough for paint; check out this vendor. You may be able to make the area look pretty stock with restoration paints instead of just spraying back. Used this vendor's product with good success.
MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint

View attachment 64406

Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind, unfortunately the "rotisserie restore" they did used a bad foundation and body work so the car needs to be stripped down and started over, the engine bay had a fire which lead to the current situation as well as severe paint peeling. I can make the car presentable and drivable until the other cars are caught up a little further then we are going to redo it right.

Back