• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from east Texas

Robert Franke

Reaction score
I'm a retired GM dealer tech. 30+ years. I recently bought one of my bucket list cars! 71 challenger original Texas a/c car. I'm not a purest so it's got a 408 stroker where the 318 was! I have a shop at my house where I work on everything. I'm a member of lake county classics CC. I love hot rods! Always have! I've been involved with many types of motorsports from dirt to drag racing..besides my car I'm currently restoring the ac system on a cherry 69 GTX. Till I got my car I didn't realise how rare some of the parts are!! Jesus!! I like cruzing in th challenger. Old school look! I found this site while looking for a left side ac duct for my car..think I gotta make one.

20190928_143606.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
Well sir, we are glad that you joined our site. What a beautiful challenger and a great picture, what is that Golden Homestead building in the background ?

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Great looking Challenger. Have fun with it.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. You have a great looking '71 Challenger:thumbsup:. You will find that you can build two GM cars for what it costs to build one Mopar:lol:

Robert Franke

Reaction score
Well sir, we are glad that you joined our site. What a beautiful challenger and a great picture, what is that Golden Homestead building in the background ?
Sorry for th delay. Golden homestead building is located in golden TX. Turn of th century where the railroad used to come thru. I'm told it was a grocery store and bank. The original bank vault Is still there. Its located in east Texas close to mineola. I live about 2 miles from where pic was taken. I came back to th site to figure out how to post my car for sale..cant get pics to work from android phone..I really dont know how I posted the avitar... CRS I guess.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Little Rock! That's a sweet Challenger, congrats. I'd like to see the GTX when you get time. Glad you're on the site!

budascuda

Reaction score
Sorry for th delay. Golden homestead building is located in golden TX. Turn of th century where the railroad used to come thru. I'm told it was a grocery store and bank. The original bank vault Is still there. Its located in east Texas close to mineola. I live about 2 miles from where pic was taken. I came back to th site to figure out how to post my car for sale..cant get pics to work from android phone..I really dont know how I posted the avitar... CRS I guess.
Hey,, I am glad you are well. its funny, just a few days ago I was thinking about what happened to you.🤔
Thanks for the info, I find these old buildings very interesting.
Also, the site has seen a few changes since your last visit. Any questions, just ask Joeychgo, he is a good egg.

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice looking 71 Challenger.
Looking forward to seeing the GTX too.
My younger brother was a GM tech for a number of years in the late 1970's, 1980"s at a Pontiac Dealership. He used to attend many of the training seminars that GM provided for their techs back then and reading the manuals like they were novels.

Personally, I love all muscle cars, though I do tend to lean toward Mopar's and e-bodies especially.

Back