• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello, new member from Michigan

wayne

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I finally found the car I have been wanting for a very long time. I have had a few A bodies over 20 years ago. I have had modern cars since then. But, the desire for an old Mopar has been growing and I just brought home a 1970 Cuda 383 4 speed car. Its been parked indoors in Florida and last plated in 1976.

Thanks Wayne
Im in SouthEast Michigan

Here are a few pictures.

I am also going to document the projects on Facebook and Youtube and give that a go. The youtube channel & FB page are both called Backyard Hotrods

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from another Michigander, mid MI here. Congrats on that Cuda red beauty. What's your plan for it, keep it original? From your video it sounded like you were going to some upgrades.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I am doing the Youtube documentation as well. Mine is kind if just short bits, but kind of fun, certainly not as well done as yours.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site fellow Michigander, Detroit area here. @Cuda Hunter is going to love that interior on that beauty. Will it be ready to show next month?

0990B228-4AEE-4BF6-A941-AF4B539A5CD6.jpeg

mark imbronone

Reaction score
A red on red 'Cuda! Congratulations on a beautiful car. Welcome from another south eastern Michigan Mopar fan.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wayne
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice pick up on the 70 383 Cuda
Red on red; cool and I would guess a pretty rare color combo.
Good luck with the new toy!
Enjoyed the video, great way to document the car!

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

wayne

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from another Michigander, mid MI here. Congrats on that Cuda red beauty. What's your plan for it, keep it original? From your video it sounded like you were going to some upgrades.

Thanks! I do plan on some upgrades. Whatever I change from original I will keep and can always go back as I won't "cut" the car up. But I do plan to do a motor build that won't be stock. Unfortunately the original motor has some issues where I would risk hurting it if I drove it. And the trans needs servicing. This is killing me right now!! lol I plan to drive and enjoy the car alot.

wayne

Reaction score
Welcome to the site fellow Michigander, Detroit area here. @Cuda Hunter is going to love that interior on that beauty. Will it be ready to show next month?

View attachment 59937

Man do I wish! Unfortunately the engine and trans need addressing and its going to be down for a few months. Its like a kid getting a bike for Christmas and he cant ride it lol

DrEamer

Reaction score
Excellant! Whats your channel? I would like to check it out.

My channel is TheABLAZN, or Google Jeff's American Dream Car. I alway tag them with "Another low quality video" so everyone's expectations are not too high..:lol:

Bobcat 1970

Reaction score
Welcome from the Razorback state and yes you found a very nice setup,,think I’ve never seen a red on red but being partial to red,,I LIKE it,,good luck with the upgrades,

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard.. Excellent find. To bring her back to life, several things to do that most people don't think of. Complete suspension inspection up on a rack. A lot of things deteriorate with time. All rubber items like bushings, brake hoses, fuel lines, gas tank lines and pick-up. Other things that go bad from the inside out where you can't see it, hard brake and fuel lines. Wheel cylinders/calipers. Axle seals. heater core, hoses. Also inspect under dash wiring. Sometimes varmints get to them, even with the doors closed through the firewall etc...
So for anyone putting a car back on the road after several years for safety, Complete brake system hydraulic inspect and replace rubber parts, hoses, cylinders, Master cylinder and hard lines. Fuel system hoses and hard lines. Possible fuel tank, intank fuel filter and pick-up, all rubber lines and clamps. This stuff is all reproduced now and is very reasonable to do. Remember " SAFETY FIRST " If you are thinking of using any old brake lines or hoses, try a good brake fluid flush. Be prepared to see a lot of rust and goop. Replace.

Awesome find. Jealous...........

DrEamer

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard.. Excellent find. To bring her back to life, several things to do that most people don't think of. Complete suspension inspection up on a rack. A lot of things deteriorate with time. All rubber items like bushings, brake hoses, fuel lines, gas tank lines and pick-up. Other things that go bad from the inside out where you can't see it, hard brake and fuel lines. Wheel cylinders/calipers. Axle seals. heater core, hoses. Also inspect under dash wiring. Sometimes varmints get to them, even with the doors closed through the firewall etc...
So for anyone putting a car back on the road after several years for safety, Complete brake system hydraulic inspect and replace rubber parts, hoses, cylinders, Master cylinder and hard lines. Fuel system hoses and hard lines. Possible fuel tank, intank fuel filter and pick-up, all rubber lines and clamps. This stuff is all reproduced now and is very reasonable to do. Remember " SAFETY FIRST " If you are thinking of using any old brake lines or hoses, try a good brake fluid flush. Be prepared to see a lot of rust and goop. Replace.

Awesome find. Jealous...........

All great points, the one issue that a lot of people forget is that the old rubber fuel line does not hold up well if you use gas with ethanol in it. Fortunately, there is new lines that do, and is looks close enough to original if that is what you want.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Nice ride from another from the Motor City. Love the red with red interior. I will look for you eventually when you bust it out at the cruise nights.

Last edited:
Back