• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HEMI SWAP SHIFTER

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have not tried but with some innovation I am sure it could be done !
I have done some crazy Mods on shifters in other applications .

DrEamer

Reaction score
I am working on putting a A518 in and trying to convert to a cable using the original Slapstick. I have the top end figured out, but am having a little trouble getting the ratio right on the shift arms. I'm not sure that I can offer a lot of information for your application, but maybe a a few pictures in the next couple of days to help where I can, might give you some ideas.

Reaction score
I am working on putting a A518 in and trying to convert to a cable using the original Slapstick. I have the top end figured out, but am having a little trouble getting the ratio right on the shift arms. I'm not sure that I can offer a lot of information for your application, but maybe a a few pictures in the next couple of days to help where I can, might give you some ideas.
OK THANKS. SEND PICTURES

DrEamer

Reaction score
So this is a few pictures of my mock up. The first two are showing the shifter attached to a board to keep things stable while I tested things out. The others are the connection at the transmission. I used a cable and lower hardware kit from Turbo Action, plus a shift lever from B&M. Notice the hole drilled in the shift lever, I had to do that to get the ratio right with the shifter. Everything shifts into the correct detents now, but shifting it out of the park position takes some force.

The connection at the top is just a 1/4 inch heim end at the end of the cable. I still have to figure out how to tie the cable down behind the shifter in the car, but I think I can figure that out. On your application the shifter mount can be used like what I have done, but I have no idea how you are going to mount things at the transmission itself. Best of luck. I hope this helps.

20200111_153236.jpg

20200111_153246.jpg

20200111_153253.jpg

20200111_153301.jpg

20200111_153631.jpg

Reaction score
So this is a few pictures of my mock up. The first two are showing the shifter attached to a board to keep things stable while I tested things out. The others are the connection at the transmission. I used a cable and lower hardware kit from Turbo Action, plus a shift lever from B&M. Notice the hole drilled in the shift lever, I had to do that to get the ratio right with the shifter. Everything shifts into the correct detents now, but shifting it out of the park position takes some force.

The connection at the top is just a 1/4 inch heim end at the end of the cable. I still have to figure out how to tie the cable down behind the shifter in the car, but I think I can figure that out. On your application the shifter mount can be used like what I have done, but I have no idea how you are going to mount things at the transmission itself. Best of luck. I hope this helps.

View attachment 66868

View attachment 66869

View attachment 66870

View attachment 66871

View attachment 66872
LOOKS GOOD. I WILL GIVE IT A TRY. THANKS

Back