• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi all and help with seat belt installation

hartless440

Reaction score
Hows it going everybody?! New member and recent recipient of the 1970, 440 Barracuda that my Dad and I have been restoring since I was 8. I'm 24 now, and it is still in great shape. However excited I am to have this car I have very little time to actually work on it. I am a Marine stationed in NC and although the weather is great and got plenty of places to work on it, I try to devote as much time to my wife as possible before I deploy in a few months. So, needless to say I get a little frustrated and tired of looking through the old Chrysler maintenance manuals trying to figure out how to put these front seat belts in. I haven't even gotten any because I am not sure what to get. I just want a simple lap belt for the bucket seats in the front.

So any help or pointers to put me in the right direction would be great, thanks everyone and looking fwd to talking to you all.
Semper FI

Mike

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and let me say thank you for your service.

Now, are you looking for seatbelts or do you have them already and looking to put them in?

msbaugh

Reaction score
I found a 3 pt harness online and put it in myself. It really is any easy installation (might I ad that im 21 and I have very little experience so far)...

The hardest part would be getting that damn back seat out for the seat belts back there. trust me it's a pain in the ass. But other than that just bolt them in! Easy :)

msbaugh

Reaction score
They have 3 bolt points... for each bucket seat. One where you mentioned, one on the floor near the doors, and one overhead. At least it does on mine. Mine is a 70 challenger, don't think there would be any differences though

ramenth

Reaction score
Bolt the receiver where it says to. Bolt the strap on the position near the door. There is one.

As far as finding something "cheap" do a search on eBay or our sister site FBBO and see if someone is selling a set of B-body lap belts for a few bucks.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Does anybody have pictures of how the front lap belts install? My '71 was gutted when I bought it and all the interior stuff was in a pile. I have the shoulder belts installed on the headliner and the rear belts were pretty straightforward, I think I have them installed correctly. However, I am struggling with the front lap bets. Are there two belts attached to the same bolt on the floor hump??? I might be missing some parts as well, not sure, but I have two belts with the female latch in a single plastic cover that I assume attaches with a single bolt. Any advice or pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Back