• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi to all, new member just joined

70SunFun

Reaction score
Hello All! I just joined For E Bodies Only and am excited and looking forward to good conversation and sharing of E Body information. I have a quick question and I apologize for using my opening message for it, and please let me know what section of the fourm that I should post my questions. Does anyone know how to remove the top chrome bezel (w/shifter lens on top of it) off of a 1970 4 speed pistol grip shifter lever? Mine is very loose and it drives me nuts rattling at highway speeds. I removed the pistol grips and can't seem to see how that bezel comes off. Thanks!
I added some pics from other members' requests. They are from the previous owner prior to my buying it. My wife and I have been driving it almost every day, no time for new pics, lol! Will post others soon. 1970 Challenger R/T 383 Magnum pistol grip four speed FC7 convertible (JS27N0B). Thanks, members!

70Challenger RT 383.conv1.jpg

70Challenger RT 383.conv2.jpg

70Challenger RT 383.conv3.jpg

70Challenger RT 383.conv4.jpg

70Chall front[1].jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I don’t have your answer but I’m certain somebody will, in the meantime how about some pics of or car?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Yes, we need pics of your car!

The top bezel on a pistol grip shifter is peened on so it just might be a matter of re-peening it to get it to stop rattling. I have never removed one myself. Funny, a member on FBBO just posted the same question...

340challconvert

Reaction score
Curt, Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
Glad you joined us.
A lot of knowledgeable here who are always willing to help.
Looking forward to some pics of your Mopar.
Dino2 (1).gif

70SunFun

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Yes, we need pics of your car!

The top bezel on a pistol grip shifter is peened on so it just might be a matter of re-peening it to get it to stop rattling. I have never removed one myself. Funny, a member on FBBO just posted the same question...
Excellent information and thanks, Grady! I'll see if I can re-peen it. Appreciate the quick response.

70SunFun

Reaction score
Great looking convertible Challenger!(from another Challenger vert owner)
View attachment 51938
Thank you, Sir. Yeah man, from one Challenger vert to another! I'm gonna try to check out any pics of your sweet vert. A little history on my MOPARS: I bought a '71 Cuda 340 auto vert back in 1981 which was my daily driver til 1988. Sold it in 1991 then bought a '69 Roadrunner 383 4-speed vert but had to sell it in 1994. Been looking for an E body vert ever since and finally got one, lol!

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have a restoration thread going on here, so mine is a work in progress. Owned my Challenger since 1979 (was in storage since 1984) and finally brought it out to work on it 3 years ago. Yours is in much better shape.
Check out the pics I have from the early 80's when it was my daily driver!
Dino2 (1).gif

70SunFun

Reaction score
Wow, that's great that you have owned your Challenger since 1979! Glad you are working on it, and I'm looking forward to pics once you've completed it. Thanks for the compliment on my car but it's a driver in good condition. I wanted a driver that looks like it's 48 years old in decent shape, not a show car that I would be afraid to take out in public! Good luck working on your nice car.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir. Yeah man, from one Challenger vert to another! I'm gonna try to check out any pics of your sweet vert. A little history on my MOPARS: I bought a '71 Cuda 340 auto vert back in 1981 which was my daily driver til 1988. Sold it in 1991 then bought a '69 Roadrunner 383 4-speed vert but had to sell it in 1994. Been looking for an E body vert ever since and finally got one, lol!
Manual top?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome aboard ,nice car. What kind of tunes are cranking on the eight track LOL

70SunFun

Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful car! Thanks for posting the pic, love it. I'll bet you're glad you have a power top.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You know I kind of take it for granted since it’s so rare for me to be reminded that they came without. I don’t think that yours not having one takes away from how kool it is though.

Back