• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holley or Silver Sport transmission Gen3 Kit?

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking at the Holley or Sliver Sport Gen 3 swap kits for a 73 Cuda.

Has anyone used one or the other? Which one is made better? What should i look out for?
Thanks
Al

70chall440

Reaction score
I am using the Holley kit for the most part for my 71 charger. I reviewed most if not all that is out there and determined that the Holley oil pan was preferable over most of the others, I am also using the Holley remote oil filter and mid mount kit. But I am using TTI headers and motor mounts because they will work with Borgeson PS box.

I don't like any of the full kits because every one requires some compromise.

Hemi2c

Reaction score
I am using the Holley kit for the most part for my 71 charger. I reviewed most if not all that is out there and determined that the Holley oil pan was preferable over most of the others, I am also using the Holley remote oil filter and mid mount kit. But I am using TTI headers and motor mounts because they will work with Borgeson PS box.

I don't like any of the full kits because every one requires some compromise.
oh ok,
I couldn't find the Holley remote oil filter and mid mount kit? The Holley oil pan because it is cast alloy?

70chall440

Reaction score
They are on their website, sometimes it takes some searching.

Yes, I like the cast aluminum oil pan over the sheet metal pans. I believe it takes the stock oil pan gasket which is nice.

I just received my mid mount kit and the remote oil filter kit. The mid mount kit is awesome and gives me everything i needed for my crate engine plus it relocates the AC compressor to the top right near where the stock one was but uses a very small Sanden pump. Likewise it uses (supplies) a 150A modified alternator to be used in an older vehicle.

The remote oil filter kit is ok, good components but I think you could put together a kit for perhaps a little less or the same by doing the research and buying the components individually (perhaps not).

cudaragtop

Reaction score
Hey Mike, Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

I got a Holley pan to replace a Milodon on our 6.1. Heard some people complaining about them leaking and decided I did not want to find out...
The Holley pan has an O-Ring desigh, so no gasket needed. It comes with an included windage tray, pickup and hardware.

Don't think I've seen your Charger... Yet. ;-)

Cheers!

1640746889795.png

70chall440

Reaction score
Hey Randy - how are things? Well to be honest there isn't much to show at this point, been collecting parts so far. I bought a 5.7 crate engine, SST TKX and a pile of other stuff.
IMG_2116.JPG