• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

HOLLEY RETROBRIGHT LED HEADLIGHT - MODERN WHITE (5700K)

Sinitro

Reaction score
Here is my install (4) Holley Retro-Brights 5.75" in Classic White on my 70 RR. They are very well built, expensive but IMHO worth it. Very pleased they illuminate well, I made my own adapters to wires the lights in parallel so I have (4) low or (4) highs.....

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 98

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
That should light up the night! they don't look dim.You ran all that through a relay circuit.Right! 4 lows 25w =100w about 8.5 amps + 2 30w about 5 amps total 160 watts 13.5 amps. 4 lows 25w=100w 4 highs 30w= 120w= 240 watts=20 amps. 20 amps that is Not Fused from alternator and also feed through fuse able link from battery and bulkhead connectors and 16 GA wire. That doesn't need to be. No you really don't need a relay circuit.Why not protect what you can.

Last edited:

Sinitro

Reaction score
A couple of things to keep in mind when installing Holley retrobright LEDs. Their brightness output is not so voltage dependent as an OE incandescendt headlight bulb or halogen bulb. The Holley retrobright LEDs can operate within a wide voltage range 10-15V and their brightness will vary little. Also their current drain is significantly less than a normal OE headlight bulb. So most problems people have with their electrical Mopar systems are typically due to:
  • Too many attached accessories
  • Running multiple electrical fans
  • Undersized alternator
  • Oxidized connections and/or poor grounds
  • Defective bulkhead terminals

For my Mopar system, all of my wiring and connections are in shape, so no relays are necessary. Note that I have measured the DC voltage @ the headlight terminals vs. the alternator output and it is within 0.5V.

Just my $0.02.... ;)

Back