• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hood latch on Cuda

tonysrt

Reaction score
Today working on my 71 Cuda I hit my head on the hood latch every time I stood up. After the 6th time I stopped counting. I was working on the cooling system, so I was pretty much at the front of the car. Anyone else have this problem? My Duster is no problem, hood goes up much higher.

moparlee

Reaction score
Oh ya, I have hit my head on that hood latch many times in the past with my Challenger. I finally took a tennis ball, put a slice in it, and it slips perfectly over the latch. That tennis ball is just another tool in my tool box when I am working under the hood.

rogue

Reaction score
yeah, numerous dents in my head from that (and other things)... the tennis ball idea sounds like a winner!

i_taz

Reaction score
When I first got my Challenger I had the same problem. Then the other day after spending a few weeks upgrading my radiator I realized it never happened once...??? A 6th sense must've kicked in....!

tonysrt

Reaction score
I'm even having trouble with my computer. Don't know where the first half of the post went. In the first post I said with my luck when I start the car the ball will fall off hit the fan and put a hole in my radiator. I guess I'll just live with a hole in my head. At least it will self heal not like my $600 Be Cool Rad.

lastcuda

Reaction score
I've done the same thing myself more than once. I put a short piece of foam pipe insulation over it. If it falls off, it won't hurt anything.

Back